waiting, waiting/mastitis in mom?

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was so sure it was going to be last week but I checked my dates again and I actually think it is this week and I used an online pregnancy due date calculator and it gave the latest date as the 22nd.

So I have tortured my self for a whole week LOL thankfully reading here has gotten me through it and I have learned so much, so thank you so much!

So today she is a little restless and very vocal but that could be because my other tiny 6 month old kitten is showing heat signs ( cry) I am actually raging she was due to be neutered but we are in lockdown so it was postponed. I have her in my dog's crate to make sure she does not get outside and I am so glad my tom is neutered. she is so small and so young if she did get to a male if I could I still go ahead and get her done. which I am quite shocked at I never thought I would think that.

But back to Mom, I was sure she was in pre-labour last week but nope, I can see and feel kittens moving she has not dropped still a big round belly her Mothering instincts are strong she is fussing all over our kitten and my other cat Garfield I will try to get a nice picture of them.

But OMG this waiting is a little stressful!!

Just to add, Nitta and kittens will be neutered! the kitten making stops here

Kurisunium

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Celticmum, I hope your cat will have successful labour. Can't wait to post your updates of her cute kitties. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one little female that I swear went WAY overdue. She looked like she was going to pop, couldn't even lay down comfortably, she was so big. All I can say is they deliver on their terms, no matter what we think. She finally delivered after I had all but gave up, 7 kittens! I know the waiting is horrible, but you are so close now, it WILL happen, I would bet in the next few days.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had one little female that I swear went WAY overdue. She looked like she was going to pop, couldn't even lay down comfortably, she was so big. All I can say is they deliver on their terms, no matter what we think. She finally delivered after I had all but gave up, 7 kittens! I know the waiting is horrible, but you are so close now, it WILL happen, I would bet in the next few days.....
wow, 7 kittens that was a big litter I am starting to think the 3 to 4 I was hoping for will be more. I want to be close to step in and help if needed especially if she gets tired.

The little minx is crying constantly and looking to go outside, my two little boys are outside playing and she can hear them LOL

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Picture of our very pregnant cat Nitta mothering our Kitten Nala
Nitta and Nala.PNG

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well at exactly 12 midnight Nitta waters have broken mucus plug is gone as well, I really hope it goes smoothly from here eek!

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well that was such a long night and no Kittens, they are moving fine and Nitta is not in any distress at all she well in her self and staying very close to me this morning. she had no visible signs of contractions and no straining at all last night. I do think she got uncomfortable at times
So I guess prelabour maybe, trying not to google too much because I will worry way too much
She is not interested in food today either.

OMG so stressful I really hope I do not need a vet

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh forgot to mention her tummy seems lower

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The babies have dropped, they won't be moving as much now, lined up and ready to be born. One of the first signs of labor is excessive licking herself and breathing faster or even panting. And none too soon for you!

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am getting worried now, no sign of kittens yet or active labour yet. I am going to ring the vet and get some advice.
but I checked her temperature it's 37.1 she is very well in herself eating and drinking and playing this morning with her toy in the kitchen with me

but it is 39 hours now since she had some waters and mucus there was a tiny bit of blood as well nothing since unless she has it gone before anyone has noticed.

Melissa0904

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was so sure it was going to be last week but I checked my dates again and I actually think it is this week and I used an online pregnancy due date calculator and it gave the latest date as the 22nd.

So I have tortured my self for a whole week LOL thankfully reading here has gotten me through it and I have learned so much, so thank you so much!

So today she is a little restless and very vocal but that could be because my other tiny 6 month old kitten is showing heat signs ( cry) I am actually raging she was due to be neutered but we are in lockdown so it was postponed. I have her in my dog's crate to make sure she does not get outside and I am so glad my tom is neutered. she is so small and so young if she did get to a male if I could I still go ahead and get her done. which I am quite shocked at I never thought I would think that.

But back to Mom, I was sure she was in pre-labour last week but nope, I can see and feel kittens moving she has not dropped still a big round belly her Mothering instincts are strong she is fussing all over our kitten and my other cat Garfield I will try to get a nice picture of them.

But OMG this waiting is a little stressful!!

Just to add, Nitta and kittens will be neutered! the kitten making stops here
My mom passed last year. My stray that wandered up pregnant, had kittens on her birthday. April 21st. 9 of them!!! :-) I named the smallest one after her nickname.... Nubbin.

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so nice Melissa :hugs:

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I was so worried about her I rang my vet and he met me at his clinic he checked her over and said he was fine no kittens stuck and no infection. such a relief

Yesterday she did seem a little uneasy and so we checked throughout the night I checked her at 7am nothing and work up to find a kitten with her feeding away and so beautiful he is ginger but pale and 139 grams then my daughter noticed something moving under a blanket about 3 feet from mum and we found a grey kitten he is a wander LOL back with mum and feeding well and 141 grams she had 2 more now and so strong they come out and are instantly looking to feed I will post pictures soon and I will weigh the other two once they dry off

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will do, I am so very proud of her she is doing such a great job she is tired and seems done now
the second two babies weights are 132 and 127 grams

I will post pictures now