Waiting for kittens...so excited!

feegee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my life I hope so, I go away to Edinburgh next week and my hubby is in charge, he can deal with squirmy kittens but not mum pushing them out , I'll come home and find him passed out :lol3: she's just the same today, fat and grumpy. I have noticed the father??? Cat hanging around outside, dont know if he's got a calendar and thinking he will get to sow his oats again ( no chance ) made her another box yesterday as she keeps insisting on burrowing in the kids school bags and shoes ( my teenage daughter would not be impressed to find a kitten in her ugg boots) she went in the box straight away and stayed for ages, I think she's defiantly nesting.....soon........

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my life I hope so, I go away to Edinburgh next week and my hubby is in charge, he can deal with squirmy kittens but not mum pushing them out , I'll come home and find him passed out
she's just the same today, fat and grumpy. I have noticed the father??? Cat hanging around outside, dont know if he's got a calendar and thinking he will get to sow his oats again ( no chance ) made her another box yesterday as she keeps insisting on burrowing in the kids school bags and shoes ( my teenage daughter would not be impressed to find a kitten in her ugg boots) she went in the box straight away and stayed for ages, I think she's defiantly nesting.....soon........
You remind me of things I was told years ago when I worked in a Neo Natal Unit looking after equipment.  One was that they were used to pushing hubbies who fainted in the delivery room out of the way, and the other was the chap who was fine when his wife delivered twins but fainted when one of them was given an injection!

BTW she can get pregnant again very soon after having her kittens, so please keep her in until they are weaned at 10-12 weeks old.  Also you don't want her to have an accident - kittens are very fragile and difficult to look after without the queen for the first 4-6 weeks.

feegee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You remind me of things I was told years ago when I worked in a Neo Natal Unit looking after equipment.  One was that they were used to pushing hubbies who fainted in the delivery room out of the way, and the other was the chap who was fine when his wife delivered twins but fainted when one of them was given an injection!

BTW she can get pregnant again very soon after having her kittens, so please keep her in until they are weaned at 10-12 weeks old.  Also you don't want her to have an accident - kittens are very fragile and difficult to look after without the queen for the first 4-6 weeks.

My hubby passed out at the birth of my twins at the sight of iodine on the bed sheet ( thought it was blood)
He's under strict instructions not to let her out, I can imagine him moving them all into the living room with him.......WHEN...they arrive, she's having a hard time at the moment with the heat.....my conservatory is like an oven, pushing the heat into the rest of the house.....so darn hot :) and she does little to help herself lol...keep tripping over her lying on the tiled floor.
Although I'm heading up your neck of the woods next week ( the frigid north);) although my sister is currently lounging in her garden in Edinburgh basking in the heat,so fingers crossed it lasts :D

lindz2785

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How exciting! Congrats on the little cuties. I'm also waiting on kittens. I have a foster mama who's been with me for four days now. I think she might still have a little time, she isn't showing any signs yet. I think she also only has a couple in her. We'll see soon I'm sure! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im sure she will go into labour soon if she is refusing to leave the nest. Haha I did wonder what I would think when they came out as I have never given birth or seen a birth but it was such an amazing moment that I didn't even think about it!

The kittens are doing well and they are a good weight (110g) and Niesha is a fantastic mummy :)

More pics to come...:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Milk monsters!