Waiting for Kahleesi's kittens to arrive!!!

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let me just start by saying Hello!!! This is Kahleesi and she is about 17 months old and due any day now. I found out she was pregnant Feb. 19 when I picked her up her belly had a ball shape feel to it and her nipples had enlarged. Now she is huge and moody like any pregnant female would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! She may pop if she doesn't have them soon! Lol

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Now is the time for you to read lots of articles and prepare! We recommend that you get a scale, powdered kmr, and a needleless syringe. A heating pad will come in handy too. You can also set up some nests for mom around the house in dark, quiet areas. Please use this thread to ask any other questions!

It's important to know that moms can get pregnant again within a week of delivery. She must stay inside and away from intact males from now until she is spayed when the kittens are eight weeks old.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Now is the time for you to read lots of articles and prepare! We recommend that you get a scale, powdered kmr, and a needleless syringe. A heating pad will come in handy too. You can also set up some nests for mom around the house in dark, quiet areas. Please use this thread to ask any other questions!

It's important to know that moms can't get pregnant again within a week of delivery. She must stay inside and away from intact males from now until she is spayed when the kittens are eight weeks old.
Typo alert!  She CAN get pregnant as soon as a week after giving birth.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of that is already taken care of and she will be inside until she is fixed so this doesn't happen again.....I have nests set up but she insist on being under my bed most of the time.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have also been taking her temp via armpit and it has been ranging anywhere between 99.1-100.4 f. This morning she was jumping around acting crazy now she is just staying under my bed. Hoping she has them soon.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just checked Kahleesi's temp and it has dropped to 98.4. Yesterday it was 100.2. She is eating still so this may or may not be "the temp drop" it has never been this low so far and I have been regularly checking it.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't stress her by checking her temp anymore. It's not a highly reliable indicator.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do it in her armpit. She isn't stressed by it or doesn't seem to even care at all.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to add 3 degrees to her armpit temperature for accuracy, but temperature alone is not the best indicator of impending labor.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update on Kahleesi....she has only eat a portion of what she normally eats today. Her temp was 97.9 F. Her milk has also started filling up.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she is nesting now and extremely moody!!! I sat down to love her and she rolled over and wanted me to rub her belly and was loving it then all of a sudden attacked me. Now she is laying there purring.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch! I guess she isn't sure what she wants right now. I think I would just rub her head for now. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is definitely in first stages of labor [emoji]128150[/emoji] hopefully she will have them soon. What's the average time first stages last?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it's stage one and not just pre-labor, stage one can go for a good 24 hours or so. Good luck and keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I kind of hope she holds off until tomorrow afternoon so I can be here for her. I have to work from 7:46-4:15 tomorrow

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand. Hopefully, it will work out for both of you. [emoji]128522[/emoji]