Vicious Cat Attack!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys...thank you all for your advice. Unfortunately, I don't have the "outdoor enclosure" option. I live in an apartment. I would love to get in touch with an animal behaviorist, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. I need to do some more research into it. I have been looking around for no-kill shelters or someone who could possibly give him an outdoor environment to live in. I definitely don't want to have him put down...but it's like something inside of him snapped. My friends have even talked about how he looks different now..in his eyes. He just looks like he's ready to attack at any moment. When I walk around the house he follows me and scratches me whenever he gets the chance. He gets the fuzzy tail and hisses as well. I don't know what has gotten into him. The vet says he can't find anything wrong.

You should try & contact Jackson Galaxy. Maybe he can help you for free, for his show?? (or out of the compassion he has for helping people & their cats)

You never know, anything is worth a try. It never hurts to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ambernicole

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying my hardest not to give up on him. I mean...I love the little guy so much. I'm thinking of contacting another vet just to make sure he's okay. Maybe the kitten has stressed him out more than I thought...because this is about the time he began to really act up.

I have to admit...he makes me laugh everyday!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is the funniest picture!  It's practically begging for a caption!  It's like he is doing lamaze or something!

I hope you are able to figure something out!  It is obvious how much you care!

ambernicole

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't done the calming collar, but I do have him on Rescue Remedy. Maybe I could do the collar along with it? It's worth a try.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't done the calming collar, but I do have him on Rescue Remedy. Maybe I could do the collar along with it? It's worth a try.

I love Rescue Rmedy. Yes, it's worth a try. I know I have seen them in Petco before, so maybe you could check there.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the situation is bad enough to have to give someone up, but if you do, give up the kitten.
It wouldn't be fair to him really. You took him in and made him feel safe and then You brought in another kitten. Please don't throw him away to a shelter where he might be put down. Even if that shelter is no kill, that doesn't mean his newer owners that take in a twice traumatized cat won't take him to one if he misbehaves...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the situation is bad enough to have to give someone up, but if you do, give up the kitten.
It wouldn't be fair to him really. You took him in and made him feel safe and then You brought in another kitten. Please don't throw him away to a shelter where he might be put down. Even if that shelter is no kill, that doesn't mean his newer owners that take in a twice traumatized cat won't take him to one if he misbehaves...
I totally agree! 

ambernicole

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bad news. Today I had to give him up. He attacked me again. I have been sick with a cold...I blew my nose...and the next thing you know he came from the living room into the bedroom and attacked. Ears back, tail and fir all puffy. He circles around me and won't give in. I've had him on rescue remedy, taken him to the vet, and even installed the plug-ins. The vet could find nothing wrong with him. I surrendered him to a no-kill shelter in my area and let them know what was going on. Hopefully someone will be able to make him a barn cat. I feel horrible!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm assuming she felt she had no choice.  It can be frightening to have an animal of any size come at you. 
  I'm sorry you weren't able to safely work through his problems.  Hopefully they will be able to help him at the shelter. 

Status
Not open for further replies.