Vibes needed please - all 3 cats poorly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is tolerating being pilled better than I thought, although did refuse to come near me last night (I am putting three lots of things down her neck each day), seems the treats after are doing some good. I will hopefully finish this course, but not sure I could do this to her on a regular basis

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WEll, 5 weeks after finishing this course, she has shown signs of problems again, and I just dont know what to do for the best, she isn't even as accepting of Metacam at the moment, so putting 3 lots of meds down her neck a day doesn't seem fair on her. I am getting her weighed tonight and see what that says, as she might be eating more than I think, but she is feeling quite bony.

Molly is having a check up tonight, she hasn't seen the vet for 6 months, as the vet has just been prescribing her steroids without seeing her (she has intestinal lymphoma). I think she has lost some weight, but she is still her usual grumpy self, although she has been slightly hungrier this week (but then so have I due to the weather) - she even came into the kitchen this morning cos I got up late, can't remember the last time she willingly came downstairs!! Will be interesting to see what the vet thinks of her, as she is the only one of mine he hasn't met yet!!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be commended by animal lovers everywhere for your relentless efforts for the cats.

They are so lucky to have you. Please keep us updated as to how the visit went.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - I am always worried that I wont be able to get the timing right with the girls, Zi really doesn't seem to be having a great time, but not getting that vibe that she is ready to go yet, but just hope I haven't missed it. She has maintained her weight though, which is good as I thought she had lost weight. I am sure her kidneys are getting worse though, she is drinking more.

Molly's weight is the same as 6 months ago, vet said to keep her on the same dose of steroids and is fine to keep dispensing them for another 6 months. She has been acting differently since then, she keeps going downstairs, which isn't usual for her (but at least she has stopped hiding for a day after a vet visit), and she has been a tad more vocal - because I have fostered all the time I have had her, she has never known what will be downstairs, and as she is antisocial, has always stayed upstairs more, even though she has free range. Looks like she has realised there are no fosters downstairs anymore (although I should hopefully be fostering again before the end of the year, but they wont have the run of the house like before).