Vibes needed- Ismene has some sort of neurological disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I would throw that info out there, just in case. From what I have read, it usually happens from birth but thought I would include that since it might spur the vet to think of something similar.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I wish so much I had the answer Katie. I'm in tears just reading your recent post but it is really positive that she has so much fight in her. Maybe it is some type of infection and that's why it's taking down each part of her system?

Hang in there.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

i keep mentally comparing it to that disease where your body ages much faster than your mind? My little Iz is still in there, but her body is giving out on her. Like I told Eileen earlier, she'll look at me and give me a little meow and in her eyes I see her asking me what is going on, why is this happening? All I can tell her is don't give up, we can beat this and she'll meow back like "ok" I just can't watch her struggle, but I really don't want to give up while she's obviously still fighting, I feel like I'm failing her
you mean Progeria? i didn't know cats got it, but there might be something similar.
my & my gang are all hoping & praying that it's something fixable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I thought I would throw that info out there, just in case. From what I have read, it usually happens from birth but thought I would include that since it might spur the vet to think of something similar.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I wish so much I had the answer Katie. I'm in tears just reading your recent post but it is really positive that she has so much fight in her. Maybe it is some type of infection and that's why it's taking down each part of her system?

Hang in there.
You know, when I first saw her losing control of her back legs, "wobble kitty" is what I immediately thought of and it would have been fine if it wouldn't have gotten worse... the only other thing I could think of was a stroke, but I thought whatever damage that was going to be done was done immediately and it didn't get worse? She's on a strong anti-biotic, Clinacydin
or something very similar to that because the vet suspected a possible spinal infection, but even with the meds she's been getting worse so I don't think its any kind of infection, I kept hoping it was one of those get worse before it gets better things? apparently not though
This is truly boggling my mind and I think even if I could afford the MRI it may not tell us what is wrong.

Thanks so much for your concern, everybody!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best for poor Ismene.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Izzy is gone.... I took her into the vet and she was staying overnight to be on an IV and she went into cardiac arrest around 8:45. The vet still has no idea what was wrong. I'll post in Crossing the Bridge

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP sweet Izzy. I'm going to close this thread now but please go visit Crossing the Bridge to pay respects to Katie and Izzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.