Vibes needed- Ismene has some sort of neurological disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Izzy is still just a baby..... sending many vibes to her and to you!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Katie, I am sending lots of vibes and prayers to you, and sweet little Ismene.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie - I have just seen this and I am sending all the vibes I can muster to Ismene from across the ocean. Keep fighting little girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Any updates yet today?
Just that she's still fighting and eating, but she basically has no control over her limbs at all now, and she's getting weaker
I don't know what to do! I don't want her to suffer, but at the same time she's still fighting so I don't want to give up either. I've never dealt with anything like this before

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that Katie
What kind of advice is the vet giving at this point?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm sorry to hear that Katie
What kind of advice is the vet giving at this point?
The vet had no idea what was the matter with her, I'm taking her in again tonight and we'll see what he says

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Is she showing any sign of trembling or unusual jerky movements beyond the weakness of the back legs? I'm just trying to figure out what this could be so I've been researching.

Cerebellar hypoplasia is a condition that affects both cats and dogs. Here's more info on that: More info on Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Just trying to help Katie. (((hugs)))
Thanks Kass
I thought of that, but don't kittens usually get that from their mothers having distemper while pregnant? I didn't think it was sudden onset
but as of now its gone way beyond weakness in her back legs, she can't stand, walk, anything, she just lays there like a wet dish rag, she can barely pick up her head
I'm just amazed that she is still really making an effort to eat and drink and just yesterday morning she wobbled her way (this when she sould still walk a little) into the litterbox. Her ears and gums are pink, eyes bright, she is warm, not hot, not cold.... i keep mentally comparing it to that disease where your body ages much faster than your mind? My little Iz is still in there, but her body is giving out on her. Like I told Eileen earlier, she'll look at me and give me a little meow and in her eyes I see her asking me what is going on, why is this happening? All I can tell her is don't give up, we can beat this and she'll meow back like "ok" I just can't watch her struggle, but I really don't want to give up while she's obviously still fighting, I feel like I'm failing her

Status
Not open for further replies.