Vibes Needed for my Sister and Niece who are in the hospital!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calleigh Elaine arrived today at 6:37PM, weighing 4lbs 11oz, 18.5" long. Leslie was in labor for an hour and a half and delivered easily. Mommy and baby are both doing great, Leslie is tired. Calleigh is breathing on her own with no problems and was nice and pink. They took her to NICU for monitoring but the doctors said from all they could tell she is just perfect!

Here is the only picture I've been sent so far:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wowo - that is amazing things went so quickly and so well. Well... poor Leslie was going stir crazy - but once things got moving, it sure went quick!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to your family! I bet everyone breathed a huge sigh of relief when Calleigh made her appearance.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calleigh has been on monitoring for almost 4 hours now. So far still no need for oxygen or signs of apnea, etc. She seems to be a perfect newborn just small. I am not sure when new babies usually eat for the first time, but the doctors have told my sister that if Calleigh stays in the condition she is in now they will let her try to feed her to see if she will suck. My mom was with her through the delivery and our dad arrived shortly after so they have all been there with her. Leslie should be released from the hospital very soon as she had no complications with the birth, they are not sure if Calleigh will have to stay in the NICU for a little while or not.

Here is another picture of baby Calleigh, sorry about all the monitors I hope they don't creep anybody out.

And this is where Mommy got to touch her for the first time!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, prayers and vibes. And for keeping me sane when I couldn't go be with my sister. I don't have kids yet (and am not ready for any) so my nieces and nephew are kind of big stars around here!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This afternoon they moved Calleigh from the NICU to Intermediate Care because she was doing so well! They have been feeding her through a tube while she was in NICU but now that she is out they are going to let Leslie feed her.

Here is Leslie holding Calleigh for the first time!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calleigh is doing great! She is able to take a bottle but tires quickly while drinking it so they are doing part tube feeding and part bottle until she can drink the whole bottle without exhausting herself. She is having a little bit of trouble remembering to suck, swallow and breathe all at the same time but is not having any problems doing each thing. They put a nasal cannula on her giving her a little 'puff' of oxygen every few seconds to help her "remember" to breathe when doing other things. They expect Calleigh will be home before her September 25th baby shower!

Leslie was released from the hospital yesterday and was VERY upset to leave Calleigh behind. Calleigh's Daddy and sisters went out of their way to clean and decorate the house for her to come home to!

They did a little photo op yesterday. Here is a picture of three generations of women from my family. My Mom (aka "Big Mama"), Leslie (aka "Mommy") and baby Calleigh!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad things are going so well. You little niece is adorable.

Sending more vibes for continued good news.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That suck/swallow/breathe thing is tricky, huh? lol Sounds like she is doing GREAT, and stepping down to the intermediate unit is awsome! Congrats to everyone again :-D

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to post an update to this thread - Calleigh came home from the hospital today!

She was expected home earlier, but she was still having some trouble with her heartrate dropping (bradychardia) so she had to wait until she had not had a "brady" for 7 days to go home. Technically she had one last Thursday while being held and her head drooped, but she corrected it herself (shifted her head) so the doctor gave her the all clear to go home today!