Vibes Needed for my Sister and Niece who are in the hospital!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister Leslie is pregnant with her first baby, Calleigh. Her original due date was November 4th and last week they moved it up to October 16th saying that Calleigh was measuring at 32 weeks. This morning Leslie's water began "leaking" (did not break), but she has not started labor. She is in the hospital and they are trying to prevent labor until closer to Calleigh's due date, so they are going to hold Leslie until the baby comes. Calleigh is considered viable now but would be pre-mature.

Leslie is terrified of Doctors, Hospitals and Needles so this whole pregnancy has been very trying for her. She is doing great and Calleigh is stable showing no signs of distress. If you could keep her in your thoughts and send some prayers, vibes, whatever her way that Leslie is able to stay strong and Calleigh stays stable until she can be safely born, we would all greatly appreciate it!

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes their way! I know how it can be to fear doctors, hospitals, and needles...They scare me too! Don't know what I'd do if I were having a baby! Sounds like your sister is very strong

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes to your sister and neice

32 weeks is a GREAT milestone for babies, and I"m sure your sister has received stroid shots for the babies lungs and they help soooooo much. My DD Lexi was born at 31 weeks and she is doing GREAT now.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are giving her steroids now. Our parents are at the hospital with her. The doctor has said they want to try to keep Calleigh in until September 14th but they will do what they can to prepare her for early arrival.

Leslie is doing OK but is very nervous. The leaking has not stopped or slowed.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending loads of for your sister and niece.
Two of my nieces were preemies; both are in their 20s now and have never had any health problems. I hope the same is true for little Calleigh (what a beautiful name!).

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leslie's water has broken. The baby is measuring 33 weeks, weighs 4.9lbs. They are giving her steroids and antibiotics. I am not sure what the next step is if they are going to deliver the baby or keep her in there.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leslie has been moved to the perinatal ICU. They are giving her steroids and antibiotics and keeping her in the hospital on bedrest for as long as they can until she goes into labor herself. Both my sister and Calleigh are stable and doing ok for now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will keep them in my prayers. Please keep us updated. If I remember correctly; amniotic fluid will keep being produced; so it'll just keep leaking. I know a friend of mine had a "slow leak" at the end of her pregnancy.

I was really scared of needles and doctors and everything too. My BP goes up almost every time I go to the doctors office; for anything! So when I ended up with preeclampsia; it didn't help anything! I was admitted right when my labor started progressing, so the needles were nothing! LOL! By the time they were discharging me after I had LO, I didn't want to leave! LOL! I just didn't feel ready to go home (my bp was still not really under control).