Vibes for My Husband, Please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, forgot to update last week.
  We have labs this afternoon, so will let you all know what's going on later.  (and Lauren, I'm worn out
---thanks for asking!)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oops, forgot to update last week. :doh3:   We have labs this afternoon, so will let you all know what's going on later.  (and Lauren, I'm worn out :lol3: ---thanks for asking!)
Loads more of hugs and vibes Libby. Try to take a few moments for yourself each day - deep breathing and relaxation visualizing positive good and happy things. :D :D :D :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loads more of hugs and vibes Libby. Try to take a few moments for yourself each day - deep breathing and relaxation visualizing positive good and happy things.
My "me time" is taking a walk thru the cemetery across the street.
  I did have a four hour lunch with my bestie the other day, which was absolute heaven!

Back to Dave's appointment yesterday: his "red" numbers (hemoglobin, platelets, etc) improved just a tad.  His "white" numbers (as in the white blood cells that fight infections) had decreased again, back down to 2K (which is low/low)  I asked the CNP if that was an abnormal or unusual drop after the first round of chemo (from a high of 149K to 2K).  She assured me it wasn't the first time she'd ever seen that happen, but that it was unusual to have that dramatic a result.  He goes in again for labs the first Monday of Nov.; at the moment, his chemo schedule would have his next round starting Nov.12.  If the labs aren't where they should be, chemo might be delayed again or a different drug altogether could be used.

The news was actually depressing; we'd been hoping for the WBC count to be much higher.  The waiting is quite possibly the hardest part of this whole adventure.  Will let you all know if there's anything of interest to report before the next labs.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I know my SIL had some very frustrating numbers when she had chemo. :cross: and :vibes: for better numbers next time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry about the WBC numbers and am hoping that they increase. Good luck, Dave!

And Libby, I would think it would be relaxing to walk through the cemetery.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. I'm sorry about the numbers. I know the waiting is the worst, because you want things to be done - you want the plan going forward to get the good end result. It sounds, though, like they're monitoring him very carefully, which is so good.

Vibes and prayers and fingers crossed and all that good stuff being send your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you and Dav e and hoping for good results. :vibes::vibes::vibes:
You are both always in our thoughts and prayers!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone, for all the good vibes and prayers.

I think Dave and I are starting to get on each other's nerves a bit
.  I love him to pieces, but I'm not used to being around him this much!
  Oh well, it could be worse; sounds like someone needs a cemetery walk this afternoon..

Will let you all know when there's something to report.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Libby - can understand the "getting on the nerves" :nod: and then you feel guilty for feeling that way. But don't. It is a natural part of this whole ordeal, I think. Stressful, worrisome, sleepless nights, the ups and the downs, the waiting for test results, etc., etc., wears on both of you. I am sure some days are harder than others. Be good to yourself. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for you both. :heart3:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Libby - can understand the "getting on the nerves" :nod: and then you feel guilty for feeling that way. But don't. It is a natural part of this whole ordeal, I think. Stressful, worrisome, sleepless nights, the ups and the downs, the waiting for test results, etc., etc., wears on both of you. I am sure some days are harder than others. Be good to yourself. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for you both. :heart3:
:yeah: What she said. :D

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, ladies.  The 'getting on each other's nerves' is always fleeting, but I do feel guilty when it happens.  To make matters even more stressful, Dave's step-Dad passed away Sunday evening.  I'm insisting Dave wear a face mask and gloves at the visitation, and he is insisting he won't.  We'll see.