Vibes for Maisie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys.

Thank you for your concern
I have been really busy with work and have not really had any answer from the vets until now. I`ll try and keep it brief.

Ok, so she finally had the ultrasound on tuesday and a repeat blood test for her liver. I don`t remember which was which but one level is normal again and the other is now off the chart. The ultrasound showed the bottom of her liver has a very holey appearance but no obvious tumour. The vet didn`t want to do needle biopsy incase they were blood vessels and she bled.

They looked at her bowel also. This showed up as being very thickened. She said it is more than likely bowel cancer.

So she said they could give her palliative care, open her up and take biopsies or chemo.

I`ve opted for palliative care. Maisie has had problems since I got her and as she has multiple things going on and is an old lady now, I think it would be unfair to put her through invasive procedures. This is what I decided when I got her and I have thought it through and still think it is right for her.

Soooo, she is now on steroids again and will stay on them. Her appetite is so good now she pesters me all through the night for food
that is the effect of the steroids but at least she is eating again. They did a little chart and her weight has been slowly dropping off since July last year.

I`m going to post some pics in a mo. Her nakey belly is so cute
She`s going to be an even more pampered princess now

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linny, I am sorry you are going though this so soon again... It seems to me you are keeping yourself strong though... Maisie is very very lucky to have you as her mum. I hope you enjoy every moment left with her, and make each other very very happy.
There is a say in Brasil "It was eternal while lasted".
Many many hugs and vibes

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Maisie, Linny. You are such a strong person especially after losing Kitty so recently. My heart goes out to you and I wish that Maisie feels better and hangs around for awhile.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, Linny. More vibes to you and Maisie. I'm glad she's eating more, and I can't wait for pics.

P.S. I wouldn't mind more pics of Sooty, too.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am sorry the news wasn't more positive, but hopefully the steroids can keep her comfortable and buy her lots of time.

stubbys mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you and Maisie. I just went through this last week, only it was stomach cancer. It is so hard. I opted not to do the steroids, only because I had been giving her pills and she hated taking them. She looked at me and I could read the look that said "no more". My best to you both.