Vibes for Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda, I'm sorry I didn't get to post earlier, but I had it on my calendar!

I'm SO GLAD for so many reasons - first, that she thinks it was just fatty tissue, and second, that he didn't need anesthetic!
WHAT a good boy!

So how is he going to be spoiled for being SUCH a good kitty?

I LOVE that pic! Gary does sort of the same thing with Flowerbelle. She's smaller, so actually her chest sits on his hand, and her right side and left side drape over the sides of his arm with her body resting on it.
Silly kitties!

SUCH a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I know we all love our kitties and they are all very special but every once in awhile that special one comes along that speaks so clearly to us. Bijou is that kitty to both John and I. John is as smitten with him as I am and will often be found talking to him and telling him what a lovely kitty he is. He carries Bijou around on his one arm with Beej's 4 legs hanging over each side of his forearm and Johns hand under his chest.
Your heart kitty.

That's a beautiful picture!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love your photo of John and Bijou together....
your guys.

Bijou

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am delighted to read your good news
My very first cat "love" was a seal point siamese..such a special boy he was.

The picture of Bijou and his "dad" is lovely...I'd get that printed and framed

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely pic of Bijou and his Daddy. And WHAT good news about Bijou's lump. I'm so glad everything went so well, and I guess by now you are all back together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou is on his way back to the vet. While he was at our daughter's place, he tried to jump up on something and tore out his stitches. She called the vet immediately and is on her way back there with him as I type this. She's going to call me on my cell when she gets news.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief Bijou.

Sending calming thoughts to you Linda and fast healing vibes to your wild child.

Bijou

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, poor silly boy! Gotta take it a little easy, there, Bijou!
Sending lots of that this is only a little bump in the road.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bijou has had the lump removed. The vet just called me. She says she is fairly sure the lump was just fatty tissue but will keep it in formaldehyde for us should we ever want it biopsied. She said they didn't have to give him general anaesthetic, that the assistant just held his head area and talked to him while they did the laser removal and he was fine. The vet was with Bijou and petting him while she was talking to me on the phone. She said he is a real love. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, I'm so relieved. The operation was quite a bit less than they had originally quoted as well and part of that is because Bijou was so cooperative and they didn't need all the anaesthetic and pain killers. She said they gave him a shot for pain but didn't think he would need any meds to bring home.

Thank you all for your vibes and caring. We are so thankful to have you folks in our lives even if it is in cyberspace. Your prayers and good wishes mean a lot to us.
What a brave boy. I am glad the lump was removed

Bijou is on his way back to the vet. While he was at our daughter's place, he tried to jump up on something and tore out his stitches. She called the vet immediately and is on her way back there with him as I type this. She's going to call me on my cell when she gets news.
Maybe they should give him pain pills so he takes it easy. lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

What a brave boy. I am glad the lump was removed

Maybe they should give him pain pills so he takes it easy. lol
Thanks, I certainly feel better but I'm not sure about Bijou.

I think pain pills sometimes mask the pain to the point where they do things they shouldn't because they can't feel the pain. I personally think a little pain is a good thing - it lets us know we shouldn't be doing something if it hurts to do it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh Bijou! How'd he go getting the stitches redone? How is he this morning?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ohhh Bijou! How'd he go getting the stitches redone? How is he this morning?
No problem. As long as someone holds him and loves on him they can do pretty much anything they want.

Jen called this morning and said he's fine. I'll be picking him up at her place after work. I was supposed to go out to see hubby's band tonight, but looks like I'll be staying home with Bijou instead.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou gets all of his Mommy's attention today.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No problem. As long as someone holds him and loves on him they can do pretty much anything they want.

Jen called this morning and said he's fine. I'll be picking him up at her place after work. I was supposed to go out to see hubby's band tonight, but looks like I'll be staying home with Bijou instead.
I suspect John will forgive your absence.
Glad to hear sweet Bijou is fine.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor Bijou! (And meowmy and daddy!!!!!!!!!) I'm so glad he's OK. I got freaked when I saw this thread bumped back up, but I'm, well, just relieved it was "just" popping stitches, though I'm not sure that is "just."

No jumping for a while, OK Bijou?

and
for meowmy and daddy!

Laurie

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Bijou has the lump out, and he was such a good boy at the vet's! Naughty Bijou for tearing our your stitches! Many for Bijou to have a swift recovery. The photo of Bijou with your DH is beautiful.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness, Bijou! I'm so glad you're all fixed up and you can get to healing some more. Be careful; no more stitch ripping!

for you, your meowmy, and daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.