Vibes for Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou has had the lump removed. The vet just called me. She says she is fairly sure the lump was just fatty tissue but will keep it in formaldehyde for us should we ever want it biopsied. She said they didn't have to give him general anaesthetic, that the assistant just held his head area and talked to him while they did the laser removal and he was fine. The vet was with Bijou and petting him while she was talking to me on the phone. She said he is a real love. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, I'm so relieved. The operation was quite a bit less than they had originally quoted as well and part of that is because Bijou was so cooperative and they didn't need all the anaesthetic and pain killers. She said they gave him a shot for pain but didn't think he would need any meds to bring home.

Thank you all for your vibes and caring. We are so thankful to have you folks in our lives even if it is in cyberspace. Your prayers and good wishes mean a lot to us.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a good boy you have.
Many, many vibes that it does not return.

When can you go get him? I'm sure you are anxious to see him.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow Linda!!! This is the best possible news! Congrats on having such a good boy! Vibes and hugs to both of you.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

What a good boy you have.
Many, many vibes that it does not return.

When can you go get him? I'm sure you are anxious to see him.
Our sweet daughter has to pass by there on her way home from work so she is going to pick him up and take him to her place so he can visit with Mika.
We'll pick him up from her after we get home from our fitness class which we go to before dinner. I hated leaving him there this morning but they are so nice at that clinic and Beej is such a sweetie with everyone that I knew they would take good care of him. I'm so proud of our boy - he gives a whole new rep to Siamese cats.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Linda that's excellent news!

Originally Posted by Yosemite

We are so thankful to have you folks in our lives even if it is in cyberspace.
Linda, only true animal lovers like us know how you were feeling over this
Bijou is your baby boy, and always will be

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear it went well and he was a great patient.

Topaz sends more
!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bijou has had the lump removed. The vet just called me. She says she is fairly sure the lump was just fatty tissue but will keep it in formaldehyde for us should we ever want it biopsied. She said they didn't have to give him general anaesthetic, that the assistant just held his head area and talked to him while they did the laser removal and he was fine. The vet was with Bijou and petting him while she was talking to me on the phone. She said he is a real love. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, I'm so relieved. The operation was quite a bit less than they had originally quoted as well and part of that is because Bijou was so cooperative and they didn't need all the anaesthetic and pain killers. She said they gave him a shot for pain but didn't think he would need any meds to bring home.

Thank you all for your vibes and caring. We are so thankful to have you folks in our lives even if it is in cyberspace. Your prayers and good wishes mean a lot to us.
That is such great news! I feel relieved for you!
Bijou sounds like such a sweetheart, and he's such a handsome boy.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the lump is gone and Bijou is coming home!

TCS vibes pretty much rock.

I've always been verrry fond of Bijou (and Mika, too). As you may guess, I have a very deep soft spot for meezers.

Does this mean we get pics?
I think we should!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

I'm so glad the lump is gone and Bijou is coming home!

TCS vibes pretty much rock.

I've always been verrry fond of Bijou (and Mika, too). As you may guess, I have a very deep soft spot for meezers.

Does this mean we get pics?
I think we should!
These meezers sure do have a way of getting to our soft spots. Molly is so beautiful BTW. I was reading her biography and I too think she was meant for you.

I'd love to post more pictures of Bijou but he truly is camera-shy. He just won't look into the camera when I point it at him.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

These meezers sure do have a way of getting to our soft spots. Molly is so beautiful BTW. I was reading her biography and I too think she was meant for you.

I'd love to post more pictures of Bijou but he truly is camera-shy. He just won't look into the camera when I point it at him.
Aww, thank you.

That's understandable. I had a gorgeous tuxedo DLH who I would have loved to have pictures of, but I only have two of her actually looking into the camera; the rest are blurs of her running or her backside after taking out the camera.

Anyway, I'm just so happy for you and Bijou!!!
I thought a lot about you guys last night.
Is he the talkative type?
Sorry for all the questions,
but Bijou means "jewel" in French, right?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Aww, thank you.

That's understandable. I had a gorgeous tuxedo DLH who I would have loved to have pictures of, but I only have two of her actually looking into the camera; the rest are blurs of her running or her backside after taking out the camera.

Anyway, I'm just so happy for you and Bijou!!!
I thought a lot about you guys last night.
Is he the talkative type?
Sorry for all the questions,
but Bijou means "jewel" in French, right?
He seems to be more talkative as he gets older. When we talk to him now he talks back. Sometimes he makes drawn-out sounds of different cadence so that it almost sounds like he really is trying to speak.

Yes, Bijou means jewel in French and is actually a "feminine" name but his eyes were so like jewels that I wanted it anyway.

Thank you again for your caring and vibes.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that is SUCH great news Linda! That's got to be so much less stressful for everyone to not have to anesthetise him. I can't believe he was such a good boy! I mean, I knew he was a good boy, but that's really impressive!

to you and Bijou

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, that is SUCH great news Linda! That's got to be so much less stressful for everyone to not have to anesthetise him. I can't believe he was such a good boy! I mean, I knew he was a good boy, but that's really impressive!

to you and Bijou
Thank you, new mod.
John and I are both so relieved. Yes, Bijou is very impressive - people often cannot believe him when they see him. The Tupperware lady was over the other night and she's totally in love with him already and wants to take him home to meet her Whiskers. Bijou really, really loves to be held and kissed. He'll lift his chin right up in the air so we can snuffle him there.

I know we all love our kitties and they are all very special but every once in awhile that special one comes along that speaks so clearly to us. Bijou is that kitty to both John and I. John is as smitten with him as I am and will often be found talking to him and telling him what a lovely kitty he is. He carries Bijou around on his one arm with Beej's 4 legs hanging over each side of his forearm and John's hand under his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.