Very pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Minnie seems very touchy today. She's ok with me petting her head, but otherwise, she doesn't want to be touched.

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still watching and waiting. Nothing new with Minnie this morning. However, I got a good laugh last night. I found her in my daughter's half opened dresser drawer. All I could see was ears and eyes. LOL

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

As long as Minnie seems calm and reasonably comfortable best you try to relax along with her.  She sure knows how to keep you waiting though.  
Yes, she sure does! She seems more uncomfortable today, just due to her size. But at the same time, she is being very playful with out other female cat, Jingles. They haven't played together for about a week, but Minnie is actually up running with her today and playfully pouncing on her. Also, Minnie seems to want me next to her when she is lying in the floor. She will look at me and meow until I sit in the floor and rub her tummy. I assume she is like any pregnant woman....it feels good to get a tummy rub and a massage. LOL

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, she sure does! She seems more uncomfortable today, just due to her size. But at the same time, she is being very playful with out other female cat, Jingles. They haven't played together for about a week, but Minnie is actually up running with her today and playfully pouncing on her. Also, Minnie seems to want me next to her when she is lying in the floor. She will look at me and meow until I sit in the floor and rub her tummy. I assume she is like any pregnant woman....it feels good to get a tummy rub and a massage. LOL
Have the babies dropped? Maybe it took off a little pressure and she's feeling good today, despite her size. Most say that they liked having their belly rubbed in the last days, so she's really close! Fingers crossed all goes well.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be prepared to sit with her while she delivers.  No coffee to stay awake.  Mom's have been known to stop labor and follow their humans to the bathroom and wait for them.

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have the babies dropped? Maybe it took off a little pressure and she's feeling good today, despite her size. Most say that they liked having their belly rubbed in the last days, so she's really close! Fingers crossed all goes well.
She is so full, I can't really tell. I can see movement near her spine, ribs, and near her rear end. But I'm praying she delivers soon!

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not alot of changes since last post. However, she is licking her tummy and legs alot and I can feel a kitten moving very near her rear now. She has moments while sleeping where it appears she may be having some contractions, but I'm not sure. She twitches and then stretches hard, then goes back to sleep, every 10 minutes or so. And her appetite today has been enormous! 

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has moments while sleeping where it appears she may be having some contractions, but I'm not sure. She twitches and then stretches hard, then goes back to sleep, every 10 minutes or so.
Sophie has been doing that too tonight. I was also wondering if it's mild contractions or just babies moving around.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to know for sure. Time will tell. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I noticed that Lil Bit was doing the same thing this morning. I even asked in the thread I have for her if Cats have braxton hicks contractions. I am so anxious in about a week or so I should have some kittens. I can't wait. 

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I noticed that Lil Bit was doing the same thing this morning. I even asked in the thread I have for her if Cats have braxton hicks contractions. I am so anxious in about a week or so I should have some kittens. I can't wait. 
I can't wait either, Louann. I check on her every few minutes, lol. Her tummy seems to be lower hanging now instead of out to the sides. I'm assuming that would be the equivalent of a pregnant woman dropping?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it does because they get closer to the birth canal but I have been cleaning like a mad woman. In part for the Easter dinner I am having and part for the kittens coming. I am nesting more for her babies than when I did my own. But then again I ain't the one that feels like a beached whale at the moment.