Very little urine is showing up in the litter box....any possible red flags on this? I can't find urine anywhere else in the house

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A wifi motion activated security camera on the litterbox is a blessing for situations like this. I use ones with sdcards b/c most of the cloud storage ones either cost too much or will only do like 20 second clips...I want minimum 5 minute clips. A camera will show you if your kitty is even going to the litter box and if so if they're straining.

As I type this, I just got a notification from one of our litter boxes that my girl is doing a litter :) It's a new box and she hates change more than most cats so being able to see how and what she is doing has really helped this transition.
I would like to have something like this especially if i could get notifications when she is at the litter box... .Do you have a camera you recommend?

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to have something like this especially if i could get notifications when she is at the litter box... .Do you have a camera you recommend?
This is the one I use, I have 3 of them. You'll need an scard like this. I don't know if these are the best but they do work well for me. They also have a great night vision mode. I tried another higher rated brand and I didn't like the app. I set mine up to send me emails and push notifications. There's some tinkering you have to do with detection zone and sensitivity, clip length, and inactivity timer but you'll figure that out when you get the app paired with the camera.

edit: I do not get any commission from those links or from reolink. I just happen to use their cameras and since they work for me I pass that information along to others.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one I use, I have 3 of them. You'll need an scard like this. I don't know if these are the best but they do work well for me. They also have a great night vision mode. I tried another higher rated brand and I didn't like the app. I set mine up to send me emails and push notifications. There's some tinkering you have to do with detection zone and sensitivity, clip length, and inactivity timer but you'll figure that out when you get the app paired with the camera.

edit: I do not get any commission from those links or from reolink. I just happen to use their cameras and since they work for me I pass that information along to others.
It sounds like our security cameras for the house and all the tinkering with the app and location zones sensitivity etc... but anyway thank you so much I'm going to check it out because I want to have something like that to really be able to keep track of litter box activity. Again thank you so much.

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Astounding. I'd never have conceived of something like that for a cat litter box!
The receptionist at my vet's office gave me that tip. It's been a real lifesaver and stress reducer for me b/c my girl has periodic mild UTIs and mild constipation. This is one of those things I can't recommend enough b/c it's a LOT easier showing your vet a video than risking "not using the correct magic words" to describe what the cat is doing in the litter box. I also have one on the food bowl too.