Utah miners

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was also wondering if the shake that killed and injured rescue workers reached the trapped miners and possibly doomed them. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but its possible that it affected them as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

You know, there's just no way of knowing if they're alive or not.
I think that's the question that the people in charge of the rescue are going to have to weigh. They *could* be alive, but then again, what's the possibility of that compared to the possibility of the rescue workers dying to retrieve what may actually be the bodies of the trapped miners, instead of finding them alive. That's the horrifying part, (beyond the whole ordeal in general).. if you abandon the rescue and they're alive, you're sentencing them to death. If you continue to try to rescue them, and they're dead, then you've killed rescue workers, and possibly more than three, if they continue.
Yes, I agree with you!! You made a very good point.

My heart still hurts for all the families!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between this and the bridge... man, it just literally makes me cry. I'm still crying over September 11th, and this is just the same type of thing, where there are people trapped and they might be alive, and their families have all this hope and won't give up on them, and, you know the true possibility is that they just aren't, but you don't want to give up hope, because they could be, and *maybe* if you hope hard enough something will actually be right with the world and they'll make it.

Okay, enough sentimental rambling from me. But I really hope that they're okay and can make it until they're rescued.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so bad for them, this really just breaks my heart. And what's with all the disasters right now? Mines in China, earthquakes in Peru, hurricanes in Jamaica, fires, flooding, and bridges collapsing... I mean, sheesh! I really am a bleeding heart (wear that title with pride..) and honestly, my heart is getting bled dry.. I can't believe how much misfortune is happening right now.

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine how terrible it must be for them. I know this is wrong for me to ask but...is there enough air for them to still be alive?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rescue efforts are officially done.
All the flags in the state are at half mast today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Rescue efforts are officially done.
All the flags in the state are at half mast today.
Oh no!!!
I hadnt heard that yet!!! Those poor, poor souls.....

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if it has made the national news yet.
The miner's union has called the mine unsafe altogether, and has stated that this mine is not worthwhile to remain operational.