URI's for all!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far so good! He jumped on the counter just a few minutes ago to drink his water out of the sink!! He hadn't done that in days!! It was nice to see BooBoo drink something! I mean, through the whole thing he has been eating, just not really drinking much of anything. He still hasn't thrown up today, and biggest step forward he made today, he decided to come out of seclusion and up on the bed with us, where he belongs!! So maybe, just maybe Ill be able to pull this kitties through this! I think that Jax & Eek are feeling tons and tons better, and BooBoo is obviously feeling better too! He ever lets the kittens get near him again!! They so loved each other, it wsas so sad having to watch BooBoo hide because he didn't have the strength at the time to show them who's boss! Hopefully everything will get better,,,, reallly SOON!!

Amber

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear things are finally going in the right direction! It is so hard when they are sick. Jordan's herpes flared up so bad last summer I didn't think he was going to make it through. It is always a good sign when they start behaving in their normal ways again.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havn't had a sneeze or any vomiting yet today!!
Plus when I came home all 3 of my cats were laying in a kitty pile!!! I havn't seen that in a while!!

Now if I could only find someone who wanted to help rescue a pit bull.... Anyone??? Need a pit bull??

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BooBoo Obviously is not dehydrated anymore!!
He is starting to play again, they all are, and they have stopped sneezing for the most part and their eyes look so clear!! I really thought that was the end of my BooBoo, so I appreciate all the vibes you guys have given me through this!! They were in a kitty pile on the couch earlier, then they moved to the bed to cuddle with me and I had them all there. For about a week they seemed to have seperated, BooBoo was in hiding, Eek didn't want Jax near him, and normally my cats are one big family so I knew something had to be really wrong! But now they are back together in one clowder!!
I also havn't had to give fluids today either! Its amazing that they got sick so fast and sooo sick, then they got better just as fast! I had to give BooBoo some total of 400ml's of fluid the other day because he was at least 15%-20% dehydrated, but after that and the l-lysine and the clavamox, he perked right up! Right after I gave it all to him he started to move around again, I dont know if I just hadn't been giving enough Sub Q fluids to help him recover or what, but the vet told me to try to get close to 500ml in one day, and I did it slowly, 100ml at one time and he started to get better! His third eyelids are gone too! And they're extra hungry!! Im so happy my boys are better again! I just wish they could have figured out what caused it in the first place because that was one nasty sickness!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Im so happy my boys are better again! I just wish they could have figured out what caused it in the first place because that was one nasty sickness!!
I suppose it might have just been a virus. Maggie had some strang virus a month ago. She had to spend 24 hours in the vets office to bring her temp down. They have no idea what caused her to spike a 105 - 106 fever for 3 days. She got better & is now back to her sassy royal self. It is not fun to have sick kitties. More vibes for their continued & complete recovery.