URI's for all!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad few days. Vibes and prayers that all human and feline types feel better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

OMG, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad few days. Vibes and prayers that all human and feline types feel better soon!
Thanks!! BooBoo is having a terrible sneezing fit right now and it really sounds like he needs to throw up or something!! I just wish I knew what caused all this crud!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for the L-Lysine, I use human pills I get at the store. I am able to pill Jordan when necessary. There is a paste supplement call Viralys that you vet should be able to get for you.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today wasn't the best day I ever had with my kitties... They seem to be not getting any worse, but not getting any better! Jax is still the one thats looking the best, and BooBoo and Eek are still in bad shape! I think they are starting to keep their fluids a little better, and they both have been eating so thats a plus! I think they will recover nicely, they just need time! Its hard to see them in bad condition... when I get sick they never leave my side! They are just troopers! I hope they keep on keepin on! I will keep on helping them through this...

And just a quick question, when I got the Sub Q fluids from the vet he asked me if I had any of the stuff left over from Glitch, needles, tubing and such! I threw that stuff away as I didn't think it would be a good idea putting the FIP virus straight into their body.... What do you think?? You wouldn't have shared the needles, would you?? I made sure to get seperate needles for each cat because I dont want them sharing any potentially deadly diseases! Do you share your cats needles when doing Sub q Fluids???

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a strange thing for the Vet to say. When Stripe had Crf the Needles were tossed out after using. It is not safe to share Needles. You will think im crazy I had the vet do the Sub Q's for me. I was working 60-80 Hours a Week at the time. Prayers for your Cats to get better.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I worked in the shelter for several years, and have training to do shots, IV's and Sub Q Fluids so I never felt it necessary to pay someone for something I can do myself!! Im a cheapskape, and I know it, but the cats are much happier having me do it than someone they dont know! I know alot of people who can't stomach doing it themselves, and Ive given many an IV to my moms cats since she cant! Its easy, but I understand why people dont want to do it!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was working so much then and my Husband would take her to the Vet for me. She also was not living with me at the time because Pets were not allowed. I will do it now if I have too. The vet was to expensive. I want to help out at the pound or a Rescue.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the vet does charge alot more to do the sub q fluids then it costs to do it yourself... I bought a 1000ml bag of fluids that was $6.65, then the 3 10gauge needles which were .69, and then just for the special tubing because I hate to do it by way of syringe it cost me $7.00!! The 2 bottles of clavamox were 27, then the special high calorie cat food is 1.80 and its just expencive to do it yourself much less have the vet do it!! When I use to bring Glitch in on an emergency basis they would charge me well over $40 just to do the sub q fluids! So once I realized the difference I figured I could do it since I did it before.

UPDATE: BooBoo came out to eat his breakfast tonight, and hasn't been seen since... He seems to be getting weaker all the time, I think another vet trip is in order... The fluids perk him up for a while, but not long enough, we might have to go by way of IV fluids instead. I will let you know how things go tomarrow. Getting him through the night will be the tough part!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only update I have for anyone reading this is that now they have started to throw up... Not Jax, just Eek and BooBoo! I would think it would be ax since he had a bumpy start, but he's pretty healthy yet. So they're going to the vet again, I hope they can figure this crap out.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know if BooBoo is going to make it through this anymore... even though he's eating he's throwing up clear fluids, the vet doesn't know whats wrong either.. We thought it was a URI, but now the vets not so sure! The vomiting is worrysome. He had extra fluids tonight, which perked him up for a little while, but not very long. When he got the fluids his eyes also looked better?!? Im not sure what that means at all, but I thought it was weird. You would think that he would throw up the food and not just liquid would you?? His third eyelids are still showing and getting worse, theres fluid coming out of his eyes and nose as well. We'll keep fighting it. Tonight Im getting up every couple hours to give him extra fluids, it seems like they just go right through him!

The other two kitties are recovering nicely, Eek and Jax both played today.

So now its BooBoo that we're praying for!

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those are horrible news !
I really wish that all get well soon, i cannot understand what the problem is if it looks like and URI but now all the vomiting... i am sending for all of you

sierra_k

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lots of vibes for your kitties. I have been taking care of a very sick cat, Alex, for over 2 weeks, including syringe feeding him along with liquid meds and pills. I cannot imagine all of my cats sick at the same time! Keep up the good work....I hope they are better soon.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well your must of worked because today BooBoo is up and about and moving around! I havn't seen him throw up yet today, so thats good! He's still sneezing but that I can deal with! The other 2 cats are starting to come near him again too! I think that has to be good news!