Urgent! orphaned kitten care help needed

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you're doing a good job... Just a thought though.... I realise it is too late now, but are you absolutely sure that they had been abandoned? Often, mother cats will move their litter from a place where they do not feel safe. Could the mother have been going back for more of her kittens?

Just something to consider in the future...

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! They are so sweet!
That last litter that you fostered - adorable - I don't usually like ginger cats as much but those are just stunning!
I hope to be able to do what you're doing soon...
You seem like you're doing a great job!

Hope to see more pics, they really are just darling!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
joyzerelly- No, I am not 100 % sure they were abandoned. But lots of clues, from what I researched online, told me they weren't being cared for either at all or very well by the momma. It was a hard decision on what to do but ultimately I felt their best chance was to be rescued (they were cold, covered in urine, fleas everywhere and stickers all over them). If I waited longer they it might have been too late for them. I have seen one of the B&W cats since and it was all scabbed up on its face and neck...if it was the mom maybe it wasn't taking care of them b/c it was hurt?

Regardless this has finally given me the guts to do the TNR for the colony. They are going in next weekend to get fixed! So I don't think there will be anymore babies.

Tobi- Thanks! I loved the last kitties we had...one of the greatest experiences I've had was socializing them. They were so so mean at first and it just felt good when eventually you got a kiss on the face from them! I hope they are happy in their new home

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rox, the pics were worth waiting for! Those little guys are absolutely adorable! The markings remind me of pups I had about 15 years ago. They were blue healer cross pups and were so pretty. I am allergic to dogs now ever since I had my thyroid removed. Cats only in this household!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ran out of KMR yesterday morning so I decided to get some on the way home from work. Petsmart is was out of the way so I went to my vet office instead. This is the same vet clinic I had called a few times and they weren't ever willing to help me out if I needed to bring a kitty in, also the same clinic where the head vet finally helped me out. I got to the vet and brought the kitties in with me b/c
1. I didn't want to leave them in the car and
2. wanted to show them to the helpful vet

Well I walk in with the box and go over to get the formula. The girls up front ask if I had kitties with me so I showed them. They flipped out over how cute they are! I went to pay while they were lookin at the babies and realized I forgot my wallet at home! So I start calling my hubby to get the CC number...while the phone is ringing the ladies just tell me forget it, they don't want to charge me!!

They also said if I ever needed help during the day I could drop them off!

Funny how different they are after seeing them
They also said all looked really healthy! And I found out their genders...3 girls and a boy!

**UPDATE
They hate their new divided box!! I hope they get used to it soon. Usually after eating they just go right to sleep, now they cry in their box for 30 minutes first(which is not good when i am at work!). They area all doing well and are getting really rambunctious!

More pics to come this weekend.

Skewch- saw that your cat is pregnant on another thread! How exciting. Can't wait to see pics and to hear that everything went well