Uregent Request for prayer for Blondiecat

Status
Not open for further replies.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a thought . . . . not sure if it's a good idea (especially where we don't know how things are progressing). . . . but I thought it would be nice if we could do some kind of card shower (real cards) . . . if we had the address of the hospital or her sister (if she's willing). Would this be against TCS rules?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carla,

I haven't been on TCS for so long - I am so sorry I didn't know this had happened. And then to have this happen to your hubby's family on top of it all! My heart goes out to all of you, and I'm including all of you in my prayers. You are a wonderful, wonderful sister (and wife!), and despite the heartache involved, it is so wonderful to know Cathi has such a dedicated and loving family.

Please, please, please make sure you take care of yourself too. When my dad had a heart attack, everyone was so worried about him and everyone was so focused on him that when a nurse put her arms around my mom and gave her a hug, stepped back and looked searchingly into her face and asked how she was doing, she broke down into tears. That was a real lesson for me. We took her home, made her a home-cooked meal (instead of eating at the hospital as we'd all been doing for days) and ordered her to bed to get some rest, if not some sleep. It is often the hardest on those who are supporting a loved one. So when I say I'm including you and your family in my prayers in addition to Cathi, I mean it.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George'smom

I had a thought . . . . not sure if it's a good idea (especially where we don't know how things are progressing). . . . but I thought it would be nice if we could do some kind of card shower (real cards) . . . if we had the address of the hospital or her sister (if she's willing). Would this be against TCS rules?
I think that is a lovely idea
Anne

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope its good news that we haven't heard from anyone in a while. Maybe everyone is at the hospital spending time because you woke up!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

A website has been set up on behalf of Cathi where you can go and sign an online guesbook...here is the website
http://www.thecatsmeowdesigns.com/cathi/index.html
Thank you Tanya - aka Squirtle for taking the time to do this. I love the pictures of her pets. It's a kind gesture and lovely website and I will definitely sign the guestbook, but how will Cathi & her family access it from the hospital? Do they know it exists?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They will know of the website. Several of her family members are members here as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey everyone a quick update. Cathi is off the respirator and breathing on her own but she is still having trouble with her blood pressure and breathing so they have to give her oxgen thru an oxygen mask. She is opening her eyes also but she is not focusing. It heartbreaking to me.

Mom is taking it real hard and has me worried about her also. I feel torn trying to see about Cathi and Mom also. Most everybody in the hospital has been real nice and been looking after Mom when I can't. Ken has been there everynight so far and looks after Cathi and Mom the best he can. Thank you for your prayers and vibes once again.

More updates when I can. Sorry it has been so long between updates. Just going a lot and staying long then to tired to do anything else but drop into bed when I can. Love to all

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update....I will continue to pray for Cathi's continued improvement.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carla...we understand that you are under stresses that we hardly imagine.
Thank you for taking the time to give us an update.
I will add your dear Mother to my prayers for Cathi.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update Carla. It really means a lot to us that you are taking the time to let us know how Cathi is doing, but please don't feel like you have to apologize to us. We understand what you and your family are going through and we are grateful for the updates we do receive.

You all continue to remain in our thought and prayers. Extra special prayers will start flying to help your mom cope with the situation as well

Please make sure to take good care of yourself. We don't want you making yourself sick by not doing so.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can only echo what Tanya has said Carla - we are so grateful to you for coming here and letting us know how Cathi is. We're all continuing to send so many good wishes and good vibes to Cathi and all of you, her family, as you go through this difficult time.

I hope above everything that before long you will be sitting there talking together as Cathi recovers

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update on Cathi - I will be continuing to send her well wishes and many prayers

Make sure you take care of your self as well!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update Carla.
I can't even begin to imagine how trying all this is for you. Please, take care of yourself as well.
I continue to hold Cathi in my thoughts and am sending her many, many more vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.