Updates on me and the family

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just been popping In occasionally since life is so hectic. Hubby is back in the rehab. He was in the hospital for a week, home for a week and then back in the hospital again. When discharged they sent him to a rehab hospital. I am back to not sleeping well again - probably because I am worried about money. We got a $5000+ ambulance bill that Medicare denied. Of course I am appealing it, but don’t hold out much hope of getting the denial changed. My son, Nate is almost halfway through his PCT hike. He seems to really be enjoying himself.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynda,

I am so sorry about hubby.

That ambulance bill is sooo not on. I would appeal it all the way to the CEO of the insurancess'.

Glad Nate is doing so well on hike.

Love,
Miaxxxx

Thinking of you

dowelcomebouquet.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynda,

I am so sorry about hubby.

That ambulance bill is sooo not on. I would appeal it all the way to the CEO of the insurancess'.

Glad Nate is doing so well on hike.

Love,
Miaxxxx

Thinking of you

View attachment 426598
Unfortunately it is Medicare, so I only have the one chance at appeal. The government doesn’t make things easy with Medicare.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do ambulance billing. Since you are doing the appeal I assume it is for Not Medically Necessary. If it is for that one little known fact is that you do not have to get all the medical records together. You can appeal and Medicare then demands medical records from the providers. They usually only give 14 days to get the records to Medicare, if they don't get those records within 14 days the denial becomes a CO, contractual obligation, denial and the provider has to write it off.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and hope he won't have to be at the rehab hospital too long. I'm also sorry you have had trouble sleeping although I completely understand given your circumstances. :hugs: Fingers crossed your appeal will not be denied. :crossfingers: Thanks for updating us on Nate's PCT hike. It's nice to hear some good news too. Sending special thoughts and thinking of you.:vibes: