Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skittles is a closet Douglas Adams fan and she is waiting for Towel Day, May 25th.

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Towel Day? I'm 42.....must be too old to know who that is....or what Towel Day is....but May 25 is WAAAYY to long for poor Skittles or her meowmy to wait!!! Should I sound stupid to ask....what's towel day? DO I want to know??

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eupnea

I know a guy who lives by that.
he carries a towel everywhere, at all times.
You have to admit, there is a wee bit of wisdom in it.
Mostly though, I think it would make you look somewhat odd to non fans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

It's been well over an hour since your last post....any kittens yet?

Maybe we should try to keep your mind distracted! Have you got all of the kittens named yet?
non yet but yes they have names Candy names

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

Man, going back to work sucked, I thought about Skittles all day! LOL

Before I forget momof4rugratz, in regards to your dates comments, if you and the vet think she is only 57 days you would hope she does not have them for a while yet. The earliest I've seen kittens survive was 58 days, and even then it was very much touch and go, and 3 out of five died.
Most cats go 63-65 days, with anything up to 71 days not being uncommon.
I might have misunderstood your comment or the dates... but if you go by March 22 she would not be due til May 24th. However, since it could have happened anytime during that week, you just never know. Going by your timeline, and the xrays and what your vet has said, I think she is probably not due yet. Because of the large litter she may very well go anytime of course, but it's healthier for the babies if she hangs on til she's due. Judging by the milk coming in so well now it sounds like she's ready

I had one cat who had discharge for almost two weeks before delivery, she also had a large litter and was huge so that might have something to do with it.

Either way, I am wishing her and you the best of luck, whenever she gets on with it! LOL
Vet said she was due 16-19... Because we have no clue. Last Thursday during the Xray He said we can at least safely say she is 50 days because there bones all developed. So he said it is ok to go after 58 days. But feels she is further along because he felt the Kittens April 12th and he did an xray April 24th Then he did another one May 11th. She sees him again tomorrow for a check up because he swears she is like 5 or 6 days further then the last day outside. I can not be for certain because I never saw her go in to heat
. He does want her to have them naturally with no help. She does have a big litter is his only concern and said big litters usually go early. Well I doubt she will
She is nesting

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh I see how it is...you're not Sharing!
LOL I know my son is choosing Taffy for the kitty we are keeping. The family is taking the rest but have let my kids choose the names and will keep it that way

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by newfostermom

Two of my last posts just disappeared!! What happened? I was asking what is Towel Day, AND May 25th is WAAYY too far away for poor skittles!
Your post is there, sccroll up

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

With a name like Taffy, I hope you're keeping a girl
Of course. All my pets are female and my human kids are male
My boys are always asking for a sister and the pets are there sisters...

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the education!!That was funny!Sorry for my confusion on my posts....guess i'm still getting the hang of it!! I'll consider Towel Day! Might be fun! I'm always up for an eye catcher. See how many know what it is by then!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok am off till 9 again so that way Skittles has some her time.. Maybe she will pop then.... Wish her luck. Everyone send her birth vibes

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am now totally caught up on Skittles. Maybe now I can get some work done around the house . Maybe I can even make dinner. Sending good vibes for Skittles and mommy. Will check in in the morning.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably need to get going on dinner too. Skittles, I'm sending positive birthing vibes your way!!!! BTW, the expression on the 2nd photo you posted is comedy...she looks like, "Good grief, not that flashy thing again!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.