Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL yep she was... I put new in last night but I am going to redo it now and daily till she gives birth, She has poop alot

isis&d.c.'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
as far as the loop I'm not sure-I was just playing around with it after I found it on photobucket. DC is a sweety when he wants to be-I am about the only one he gets along with! Isis is playful-when she can move!

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it seems Skittles is getting close, How exciting...Full litterbox is a good sign, Does she still look swollen & any discharge? I'll bet she will have them this evening.
But I thought it would be everyady for the last week....

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How is Skittles temp doing? Also, to Lucky Girl, I must have given the impression that my sick momma kitty Patches had already had her kittens, but she hasn't. I am also a foster mom for a different momma who had her babies two weeks ago. I received her from the shelter after she had already had them. They are in my daughters room, while Patches, the sick, pregnant due any day now momma is in the back bathroom, totally isolated from all others. I really love this site. I am addicted already, can't wait to hear about Skittles, and very happy for Sponge and Pixie Dust!!! I didn't know there was anyone out there who cares for kitties as much as I do. My friends and family think I'm crazy, and make no bones about it. Was in big trouble
for staying home with the Patches on Mothers Day!! It's great to know I am among kindred spirits here!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been well over an hour since your last post....any kittens yet?

Maybe we should try to keep your mind distracted! Have you got all of the kittens named yet?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NewFosterMom, well congrats on all your babies anyway!!! the fostered ones and the ones on their way!!! I know I'm totally addicted to TCS!!! I keep it minimized at work all day... I don't think I've done 1 thing yet and I leave in 15 minutes!!!

By Skittles!! Good Luck tonight!!! I'll be rooting for ya!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

It's been well over an hour since your last post....any kittens yet?

Maybe we should try to keep your mind distracted! Have you got all of the kittens named yet?
Well, of course Skittles will have a "rainbow" of kittens, right?

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it has only been about 15 min since her last post. heheee. are you that excited.

I am so confussed on the dates. Seems she would be further along from when the vet felt the kittens and such....... hmmmmmmmmmm ah well. guess she will have them when she is ready.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

Well, of course Skittles will have a "rainbow" of kittens, right?
so she can name them:

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, viotet, rainbow and pot of gold.

heheeee

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

it has only been about 15 min since her last post. heheee. are you that excited.
No, I'm just too excited for Skittles to have her babies to remember how to read a clock!

Edited to add: personally, I think Puce, or fuschia(sp?) would be very cute names for them! Maybe the kittens could be named after other candies. I'm already salivating thinking about Skittles...mmmm.......

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, going back to work sucked, I thought about Skittles all day! LOL

Before I forget momof4rugratz, in regards to your dates comments, if you and the vet think she is only 57 days you would hope she does not have them for a while yet. The earliest I've seen kittens survive was 58 days, and even then it was very much touch and go, and 3 out of five died.
Most cats go 63-65 days, with anything up to 71 days not being uncommon.
I might have misunderstood your comment or the dates... but if you go by March 22 she would not be due til May 24th. However, since it could have happened anytime during that week, you just never know. Going by your timeline, and the xrays and what your vet has said, I think she is probably not due yet. Because of the large litter she may very well go anytime of course, but it's healthier for the babies if she hangs on til she's due. Judging by the milk coming in so well now it sounds like she's ready

I had one cat who had discharge for almost two weeks before delivery, she also had a large litter and was huge so that might have something to do with it.

Either way, I am wishing her and you the best of luck, whenever she gets on with it! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.