Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

KittyCity and Newfostermom - did you download the Flash player? If yes, I'm going to get you some additional instructions. Do you have Windows and upgrade it regularly?
Thanks for trying to help me out with that.....download was complete, but the photobucket site doesnt give me anything to click on to see skittles video....it wants me to login...it says momofrugrats login?? Thats what happens when I click on the blue skittles link....it's ok, I'll take your word for it.....I dont want to be a pain in the hind end!...Thanks for trying! Maybe I'll set my thirteen yr old to work on it....he's pretty good with all this stuff.....good for something!.....

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I am desperate so I am making another box to see if she will use it. I put this next to my bed. The newspaper do I shred it or do I just lay it in there for her...
Put the newspaper into a pillowcase for easy clean up, you can do the same with old towels the pillow case stops the kitties getting their little claws caught in the towel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by newfostermom

Thanks for trying to help me out with that.....download was complete, but the photobucket site doesnt give me anything to click on to see skittles video....it wants me to login...it says momofrugrats login?? Thats what happens when I click on the blue skittles link....it's ok, I'll take your word for it.....I dont want to be a pain in the hind end!...Thanks for trying! Maybe I'll set my thirteen yr old to work on it....he's pretty good with all this stuff.....good for something!.....
Click on this picture hun

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j...les/?action=view&current=SkitContracmaybe.flv

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that you can shred it. It provides great insulation, and will keep all the youngin's warm. If nothing else, you can also take some junkie towels you don't care about, and pop them into the dryer for about 10 minutes to heat them up, and toss them in the nesting box. She'll arrange them as she pleases! You should have the warmed up towels handy once the kittens begin to come, with a heating pad too. Make sure your box is big enough to accommodate 10-12 kittens, as Skittles will feel better if the box isn't too large, but big enough for the whole brood. She will most likely want you near her, and that will be best for her comfort and safety, as this is sort of a special situation, being as she will be delivering so many. Do you have a sleeping bag or an air mattress so you can camp out with her? I think you mentioned there was a bed and a dresser in there. Can you use the bed? You need to be cozy too, as she really shouldn't be left alone. Under normal birthing circumstances, I would see leave her to do her thing, but I guess in this case, I wouldn't.

Do you see any discharge? How's her vulva looking right now?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by newfostermom

She sounds like she is snoring right now. LOL She is on the headboard with her head on the end arm and laying like sitting up lol

kittycity81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
KLUCHETTA: I finally got it to work,thanks anyway!

It looks like contractions to me also
Maybe something will happen tonight!!! I can't wait,keep us updated even if it is the middle of the night!

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is like 4 nights of little sleep so nothing new. I will get a few min naps here and there. No worry.
If she is anything like Sponge, you will wake up when she gets in hard labor. I would really try to take a nap now and get up in an hour or so. You may have a very long night ahead of you. I know you are worried and anxious for Skittles but dont forget about your own health. You are important too!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I've heard that you can shred it. It provides great insulation, and will keep all the youngin's warm. If nothing else, you can also take some junkie towels you don't care about, and pop them into the dryer for about 10 minutes to heat them up, and toss them in the nesting box. She'll arrange them as she pleases! You should have the warmed up towels handy once the kittens begin to come, with a heating pad too. Make sure your box is big enough to accommodate 10-12 kittens, as Skittles will feel better if the box isn't too large, but big enough for the whole brood. She will most likely want you near her, and that will be best for her comfort and safety, as this is sort of a special situation, being as she will be delivering so many. Do you have a sleeping bag or an air mattress so you can camp out with her? I think you mentioned there was a bed and a dresser in there. Can you use the bed? You need to be cozy too, as she really shouldn't be left alone. Under normal birthing circumstances, I would see leave her to do her thing, but I guess in this case, I wouldn't.

Do you see any discharge? How's her vulva looking right now?
I have not looked at her vulva in awhile. I made 2 more boxes so I will be stepping in to them if I am not careful. I made the blanket box blanket in the closet and the newspaper box. The material scrap box and I have just a box of towels all black

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have not looked at her vulva in awhile. I made 2 more boxes so I will be stepping in to them if I am not careful. I made the blanket box blanket in the closet and the newspaper box. The material scrap box and I have just a box of towels all black
I never can fall to sleep before midnight so I have 2 hours to go LOL trust me I wont go to sleep till then if she ends up in labor I am good to go...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sponge is right...may as well go to sleep in the room with her while you can. She will most likely wake you once the hard stuff kicks in...they sometimes meow incessantly, and LOUDLY!!! Can't say I blame them, though. Sounds like you have enough boxes in there with her! And it will be very typical for her to try to not deliver in any of them, as that's what a lot of momma cats do...trying to hold on to their independence, you know! LOL

But at least you're ready. Tonight SOMETHING will begin to happen, I promise you that!

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey momof3rugratz, I have been watching this thread for a while. You may remember me I have the cat that had a litter of 14!!! For Miyah she was so large that it was very hard to tell if she was having contractions. I mean she had so many kittens in there that her stomach was always rock hard so I never noticed contactions, but I did notice that she would kind of pull her legs forward like Skittles was doing on that video. Hopefully she will deliver soon. Good Luck Melissa

Oh and here are a couple of pics of Miyah like a week before she had the kittens.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to get to bed as bad as i hate too. hopefully i will wake up in the middle of the night. if so i will be back then to check and see if anything is going on. if not i will be back as soon as i wake up in the morning. LOL very good luck to her and you tonight. ((((((((big hugs for you and skittles))))))) i'm sure you both can use them!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Miyah12, Miyah was HUGE!!! 14 kittens???????? Sorry I missed out on that one!!!!!! That's really incredible. Did all of them make it? How are the kittens now? That's INCREDIBLE!

Skittles, you can keep the number at 9 for your sanity and for your momma's. LOL

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That DEFINITELY looks like contractions to me. I'm positive she is in labor... I just hope she doesn't stop... I've had cats go into labor, then stop altogether, and start again a day or even two days later... but I really DO think Skittles is in labor now.

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah Miyah was so big that when she laid down her legs and feet would just sort of dangle in the air. Unfortunatly 6 kittens were stillborn and then one died about 3 hours after birth. As for the other 7 they are two weeks old today and doing great. Thankfully Miyah has been a GREAT mommy. For Skittles sake I hope seven is all the more she has. Then she will be able to properly love and nurish them all to be just as cute as she is.

Melissa

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is pacing when all of a sudden she saw the new nest box with the soft clothes and she is messing with it

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a shame to hear about the 7 that didn't make it...but unfortunately, not surprising. I'm sure with that many kittens inside of her, her body was unable to provide a lot of the necessary things that they each needed individually to survive. But 7 is still a lot of kittens to care for! I'm glad she's done so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.