Until we meet again my sweet Sadie Girl

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Ann, I hope you are doing okay. I've been thinking about you. Please know that even though some people in your family don't understand the grief and loss that you're feeling over Sadie, that we do and many of us are crying over Sadie even though we never met her.  Cats are very soulful creatures and are able to connect with us humans on very deep levels. I hope you will be able to sense Sadie's peaceful presence with you at some point, or have a vivid dream about her, or experience some kind of connection with her so that you can derive comfort from knowing that she is well and at peace now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am still very very sad.  I have moments each day where I just cry and cry.  I have moments where I am angry and moments where the sadness over comes me.  I keep looking for signs that she is around.  I can still smell her in her room.  The room was cleaned out on Saturday and the carpets were cleaned with a steam cleaner.  Yet I can still smell her.  I often visit the room, just to sit. 

I know she is doing fine and some day I will see her again. 

I thank you all for your love and concern.  My family is crap.  My parents never called me at all to find out how I was doing.  My mom asked how I could be so upset over a pet I only had for 5 weeks.  She is a piece of work.  She doesn't like my cats since she cannot bring her ill behaved dog to my house since he goes after the cats.  Long story.  It just makes me so sad.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You're in my thoughts. I've been crying for Sadie too (though I know it's not the same). I'm so sorry your family don't get it. Family can be more of a trial than a blessing at times (and this is one of them). Know that people here understand and are here for you. I hope the pain will lessen over time.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am still very very sad.  I have moments each day where I just cry and cry.  I have moments where I am angry and moments where the sadness over comes me.  I keep looking for signs that she is around.  I can still smell her in her room.  The room was cleaned out on Saturday and the carpets were cleaned with a steam cleaner.  Yet I can still smell her.  I often visit the room, just to sit. 

I know she is doing fine and some day I will see her again. 

I thank you all for your love and concern.  My family is crap.  My parents never called me at all to find out how I was doing.  My mom asked how I could be so upset over a pet I only had for 5 weeks.  She is a piece of work.  She doesn't like my cats since she cannot bring her ill behaved dog to my house since he goes after the cats.  Long story.  It just makes me so sad.
I'm so sorry. i know you're sad. That brave little cat captured a lot of hearts in a short period of time. I cried when I read that she didn't make it. 

I also understand exactly what you mean about family members who don't get it. My FIL would travel to the end of the earth for his dog but has no concept about why I would need to make any arrangements at all to make sure my cats have everything that they need if I were to leave for a day or so. In his opinion, all I should do is throw down a bowl of kibble, leave out a litter box and go. That's good enough in his opinion. If my mother had her way, no one would have a cat because they are "sneaky". 

We understand how much you loved Sadie and you were an absolute angel to her. You gave her love, friendship, wonderful care, a safe home and when you needed to, you gave her peace. I've read that we don't get visitations from loved ones that have departed too quickly after they go because our grief clouds our vision and we just wouldn't be able to "get" it. As we settle into the inevitable which is life without them, it starts to slowly lift and we become more open to it. She loved you. She will come to check on you when she feels you can handle it. Hang in there. It's going to be OK. The first time I saw my late husband was about a month after he passed. The second time was on the 6 month anniversary of his death. I haven't seen him since but I suppose he got his point across. How typical of  him to have to tell me twice. 

The fact that he was human and Sadie was a cat is meaningless. People can say whatever they want but the bonds we form with the animals we love is basically the same as the bonds we form with the people we love. it's just the relationship that's different. When we all meet again it won't mean a thing. 

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was another day of good byes.  My DH and I went to pick up Sadie's ashes.  It was hard and of course I cried.  I had a perennial picked out and purchased and was ready to plant it today as well.  I wanted to sprinkle some of her ashes into the soil and around the plant to help it grow.  I also had a statue of an angel with a cat to place in front of it.  The perennial is a Route 66 Threadleaf Coreopsis.  I picked it for the yellow/orange petals that remind me of Sadie's eyes. 

I have been seeing a few flecks of cottonwood floating around in my yard.  The other day one came flying right at me and landed on my shirt.  When I went to pick it off there was a brown hair on it.  I felt that it was Sadie.  The next day I was at the garden center picking out a plant and I asked her to help me pick one out.  I was going round and round.  I finally spotted the coreopsis, but wanted to be sure.  I asked her if this one was ok.  I looked closer at the plant and there was a piece of cottonwood stuck to the leaves.  I took this as a sign. 

I am having an Animal communication session tomorrow.  I just want to talk to her.  I know it sounds silly.

Here are a few pictures of the perennial as well as the statue and the box of ashes with her picture.

Here is what the coreopsis will look like when it blooms.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
The plant is perfect - so pretty. The statues are lovely too. I totally understand your wanting to talk to Sadie. I hope the session goes well.

Did I ever tell you that Sadie means princess? Truly a perfect name for a special girl.

:rbheart: :angel: :rbheart:

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful memorial for beautiful Sadie.

Some people have a spiritual connection to animals, and others don't, and don't understand those of us who do. Sometimes it's better to let go of our expectations of people who don't "get" us or our animal friends because I don't think they can help it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

What a beautiful memorial for beautiful Sadie.

Some people have a spiritual connection to animals, and others don't, and don't understand those of us who do. Sometimes it's better to let go of our expectations of people who don't "get" us or our animal friends because I don't think they can help it.
I agree. The memorial is beautiful and perfect !!  I also agree about the difference between those of us who do have that connection to animals and those that don't. I don't even bother trying to rationalize with them. It's a waste of time. It's one of those things that if I have to explain it, you wouldn't get it. I really feel sorry for those that don't understand it. They are missing out on so much. It's their loss, not ours.

@ShadowsRescue I don't blame you a bit for wanting to talk to Sadie. I would too. I'm sure she's looking forward to it as much as you are. I hope she's feeling extra chatty during the session and you walk away from it feeling at least a little better than you did when you went into it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's beautiful, it's such a nice way to remember her. She really was a lucky little cat to find someone to love her this much.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love coreopsis!

Speaking of crazy cat ladies and crazy cat theories...

I believe that tortoiseshells are very very old and right now they bear the burden of

serious illness and problems with immunity..

however,they are also the best mothers and the best providers(hunters)

and I believe they carry the genetic material that will provide cures for numerous ailments

that we cant fix currently..

helping a tortoiseshell is like helping an angel,or a goddess,or a warrior..

How crazy is that??

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had not taken very many photos of Sadie.  Something I deeply regret.  I used my phone for most of the pictures and since she often kept her head down and her darker coloring she was hard to photograph.  I am upset that I never took my good camera up to take pictures of her.  Last week I found a few that I liked and had them printed so I could frame a few.  This photo depicts how I want to remember Sadie.  This was the day before she passed.  She was playing with this toy and wanted to just hold it in her mouth.  I call it my "memory moment" as it is how I think she wants me to remember her.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love it..and you didnt know she wouldnt be around..

something about this breed..I dont think they actually need us so much as tolerate us..

and they are so sweet!!not bitter like a human woman would be..truly evolved and really independant of humans,

until they get ill..

you and me are lucky to have cared for them..

I went back to look for her offspring and found a daughter who still lives with me and still finds every stray,homeless cat in the area

and teaches them how to hunt and find shelter..I oughta write a book but Im not sure anyone would believe me!!

Cookie is very vocal too and not afraid of dogs,and she loves human children!!!

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Here is what the coreopsis will look like when it blooms.

What a beautiful memorial. I love the statue of the angel holding the kitty. I keep looking for something like that for my memorial garden but haven't had any luck. As everyone else has said she was a very lucky girl to have found you. I hope all goes well with the animal communicator.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had not taken very many photos of Sadie.  Something I deeply regret.  I used my phone for most of the pictures and since she often kept her head down and her darker coloring she was hard to photograph.  I am upset that I never took my good camera up to take pictures of her.  Last week I found a few that I liked and had them printed so I could frame a few.  This photo depicts how I want to remember Sadie.  This was the day before she passed.  She was playing with this toy and wanted to just hold it in her mouth.  I call it my "memory moment" as it is how I think she wants me to remember her.

That's a gorgeous picture of her - it really shows how happy she was with you. :hugs:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the Animal Communication session today.  I went away from it feeling very peaceful.  There were things mentioned that were special between Sadie and me.  Sadie felt her passing was due in part by the toxoplasmosis, but also her weakened state which came from the abuse.  She said that no amount of intervention would have saved her.  That is what I felt. 

She said she had a most difficult short life, but in the end she was able to gain self worth and for that she owed me.  She was worried that she would die with part of her soul missing.  She did not get them all back, but I did have a roll in helping her to get some of it back. 

Our bond was unique and strong.  I went completely out of my comfort zone to help her.  She also played a roll with me.  She wants me to move forward in life and try new experiences.  I am to learn and grow.  There were a few items mentioned that are very personal to me.  I was stunned. 

Sadie is visiting me.  She talked about sitting with me on my desk when I am on the computer.  I have 2 pictures of her and she sits between them.  She also sleeps in the bed with me at night.  she is trying to find a spot where she doesn't disturb my DH or my kitty Marvin. 

She had some words for Marvin.  She feels they have a connection since they both came from troubled homes.  She kept calling Marvin "that Orange Cat".  Funny as before I named him Marvin, he was Orange Kitty.  She said she knew Marvin would sit outside her door.  He just allowed her to be.  He said he could not change her outcome, but he could be there to assist her. 

Sadie does want to return to me.  She hopes to come as a kitten and live with me again.  This is completely new to me.  Sadie felt our bond was unique and too strong to not have again.  I am of course open to this.  It is just a bit foreign to me. 

Sadie told me what to look for upon her return.  She said I will know in my heart it's her, but that she will do something special that she did before.  Whenever I would hold Sadie she would place her paw on my face or on my chest.  I would just hold her paw in my hand.  I always remarked that she never showed her claws.  Ever.  I wondered if it was because she was sick or just her personality. 

Who knows what the future will bring.  I feel more at peace from the session today.  I have work to do on myself. and Sadie was specific.  It all resonated with me. 

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful memorial. I love the statue of the angel holding the kitty. I keep looking for something like that for my memorial garden but haven't had any luck. As everyone else has said she was a very lucky girl to have found you. I hope all goes well with the animal communicator. :hugs:
Amazon.com carries angels with kittens.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ann, I'm so, so glad the communication session went well - in fact, it doesn't sound like it could have gone any better :)

It must be nice to know that she's still around, and that she's truly at peace. :hugs:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

What a beautiful memorial. I love the statue of the angel holding the kitty. I keep looking for something like that for my memorial garden but haven't had any luck. As everyone else has said she was a very lucky girl to have found you. I hope all goes well with the animal communicator.
Amazon.com carries angels with kittens.
I purchased mine on Amazon.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very glad to hear that it well very well. I am glad to hear she is alright.