Unexpected celebrity "crushes"?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else develop an unexpected celebrity crush?
I have always liked this celebrity, his movies and his humor. I always thought he seemed like a good guy and thought he was talented. But it was not until I saw his performance of the US National Anthem (not even my own - I'm Canadian), and then started to try and find other information on him that I truly saw something more in him.
And I'm talking about Jack Black. Not only that, but when he's not making all his weird faces....he's actually kinda cute!
Now I'm not "crushing" on him like I would want to date him, but I really like the guy. I really wish he was more present in Hollywood and would even make a serious album. He's SUCH a great singer..And yes I know about Tenacious D, but that's more comedic.
Does anyone else have a celebrity crush, that is unexpected where they kinda "grew on you"?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had a crush on Nora from the original Pete's Dragon---just Nora, not the actress necessarily. But then I looked into Helen Reddy and she's pretty awesome too!

And I just love Sir Patrick Stewart. Of course he's great as Jean-Luc Picard but in general he's just a good man.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sean Connery may be good-looking but he's not a good man :/.

Ooh, Sully from Dr Quinn! I liked him too. Unfortunately it was the long hair, beard, and leather I liked because when I saw Joe Lando all shaved and in a suit on a talk show I was disappointed. But now that he's older and grayer and stubblier, he looks pretty good again.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As is/was Sean Connery
I have not met a woman over 30 who doesn't think that he is the sexiest man alive - including me.

I have so many

Mark Hamill
Bruce Willis
Adrian Paul
Peter Capaldi
Tom Ellis
Bill Pullman

BUT... the ones that are the strongest are David Tennant and Matt Bellamy. These are the two on top and DT has been there since 2005. Matt since 2014.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sean Connery may be good-looking but he's not a good man :/.

Ooh, Sully from Dr Quinn! I liked him too. Unfortunately it was the long hair, beard, and leather I liked because when I saw Joe Lando all shaved and in a suit on a talk show I was disappointed. But now that he's older and grayer and stubblier, he looks pretty good again.
When I worked at the bank (in wire transfer) I used to talk to Joe Lando every week. He would send a good chunk of money to his father... like clockwork.
Also met Patrick Swayze at the Arabian Horse Show. There was a horse who stood no chance of winning the halter class. I was on the rail and my friend and I were critiquing the filly. She wasn't bad, just not up to what was in the ring. The owner turned around and said "you're absolutely correct, but she needs experience". It was Patrick Swayze. I wanted to crawl under a rock.
Both are/were real nice people.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I'm talking about Jack Black.
My son's best friend is a Jack Black doppelganger. I do not know if he can sing, but I must say that, from what I have heard of Jack Black, they have similar, sweet, funny personalities. He and my son have been friends since 3rd grade, so nearly 20 years now, and my husband and I consider him our honorary son.

I do not have any celebrity crushes, but I do have fictional crushes. If multiple people have played the same character in a series or movie, if they played the character "correctly," it does not matter who the actor was playing the character. Sometimes, I will like a book character but not a movie character and vice versa. They include (some) Sherlock Holmes, Spock, (book) Henry DeTamble, and (book and movie) Atticus Finch. There are a couple of others, but these are the main four.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess there are some actors that I think are nice looking, although I would not extend it to a crush by any stretch of the imagination. I just think they are esthetically pleasing.

The List of "Unconventional" Good Looking Actors: Adam Driver, Adrien Brody, Dev Patel, Jeff Goldblum, Benicio del Toro, Jake Johnson, Oh Ji-ho, Llorenç González, and Domhnall Gleeson. Domhnall Gleeson is the outlier here because I typically prefer dark hair.

The List of (More) "Conventional" Good Looking Actors: Gregory Peck, Ben Barns, Cillian Murphy, Sendhil Ramamurthy, and Yon González. And the outlier: James Norton.

Last edited: