Under-the-Bed Troubles

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. Izzie finally stopped her obsession with digging the dirt from my potted plants. However, I really don't like her new obsession. Izzie only started this obsession AFTER the Kitties Behaving Badly contest!!! Anyone else's underside of the bed been victimized by their cat?

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

Anyone else's underside of the bed been victimized by their cat?

hey that looks like my bed! every cat i've ever had has done that...my husband used a staple gun, and some vinyl and recovered it so it wasn't so easy to tear up, now they can't shred it...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks familiar!!
Mine was totally destroyed but the ferrets had a big hand in that!!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. That would be my Redford.
I can hear him going the legnth of the bed as I am going asleep and can't get up to say anything to him.

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to replace my bed because our 20lb male used it as a secret hidaway tunnel nest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 5catsandcountin

I had to replace my bed because our 20lb male used it as a secret hidaway tunnel nest
Yesterday when I was laying on the bed, I heard rumbling under the bed. I immediately yelled "Izzie. You stop that now". I looked under the bed, but there was no cat under there. Then, I noticed movement under the fabric that was still attach to the bed. Out crawled Charlotte looking sooo guilty!!! I did apologize to Izzie for yelling at her. I had blamed the wrong cat this time!

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yesterday when I was laying on the bed, I heard rumbling under the bed. I immediately yelled "Izzie. You stop that now". I looked under the bed, but there was no cat under there. Then, I noticed movement under the fabric that was still attach to the bed. Out crawled Charlotte looking sooo guilty!!! I did apologize to Izzie for yelling at her. I had blamed the wrong cat this time!
When we took the bed out to dispose of it, there was 7" hole on the side and I could look inside and see tunnels where he had pressed, smashed and yank the filling out.
Every now and then while laying on the bed, I could feel this *BUMP* BUMP* underneath me..goofy cat

He did it to the boxspring...and I didn't really care too much because it was an old bed...good thing he hasn't tried it with the new one!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Looks like my bed, and under some of the dining room chairs. I wouldn't be surprised if the sofa looks that way too.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Do cats go to some school before they are born & learn how to to that?
Sadie ripped a hole in mine. It was her den.
I finally gave up & cut it off.
I have a naked box spring now.

PS...Nice Shoe.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hmmm...Thank God we have a waterbed!
Ummm....I can just see the water gushing onto your floor now!!
This weekend when my boyfriend comes to visit, I will have him help me lift the box spring and I will place a tarp there to help protect it. I've had a tarp laying in my livingroom for 2 years and now it might finally have a purpose!!!

I'm glad someone liked my "shoe". I'm surprised no one noticed my lovely crinkled up carpet!!!

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This weekend when my boyfriend comes to visit, I will have him help me lift the box spring and I will place a tarp there to help protect it. I've had a tarp laying in my livingroom for 2 years and now it might finally have a purpose!!!

I'm glad someone liked my "shoe". I'm surprised no one noticed my lovely crinkled up carpet!!!
Have to add, you may want to think twice about the tarp...the crinkly noise, drives our cats nuts and THEY LOVE it..plus, I have to say, under your bed is sooooo clean...

I pull out mine and it is a perfect rectangle of missing socks and legos

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 5catsandcountin

Have to add, you may want to think twice about the tarp...the crinkly noise, drives our cats nuts and THEY LOVE it..plus, I have to say, under your bed is sooooo clean...

I pull out mine and it is a perfect rectangle of missing socks and legos
The tarp I have is not plastic. It's made of heavy canvas material. As you can see, it's serving a purpose under the table..NOT!!!

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutley thats where Shadow lives ,sometimes I forget I have a fourth cat!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I've never had water on my floor. And we always have cats on our bed. The only thing you need to be careful of is not to let them see the mattress naked, cuz then they see the bubbles and want to chase them. Other than that, not a problem -- the bedclothes are more than enough protection. They just don't get to help when I'm changing the sheets