Uhhhh Ringworm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh you know, I was looking up "topical anesthetics" last night. I wonder if something like Neosporin with anesthetic or something of the like would help?
Last time I saw my dermatologist for ringworm (about a year ago) he told me neosporin wouldn't help that....I have medicam for the rind\\gworm now- that seems to be helping. I will definitely try the neosporin on the bug bites though! Thankyou for the suggestion. You've been soo sweet to try and help me figure out how to make the itching cease! I really apprecite that.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Last time I saw my dermatologist for ringworm (about a year ago) he told me neosporin wouldn't help that....I have medicam for the rind\\gworm now- that seems to be helping. I will definitely try the neosporin on the bug bites though! Thankyou for the suggestion. You've been soo sweet to try and help me figure out how to make the itching cease! I really apprecite that.
I was hoping the neosporin anesthetic (it has some special name) would help. But I know that there's only so much you can do sometimes. My exczema itches so bad that I scratch until it bleeds - so I feel your pain. It's not like you can STOP itching, LOL!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if you may have tried this, but for ringworm, I called F.A.I.R. which is a rescue group around here, and she told me to use Lamisil. 10 days later, no ringworm on Tammy-Timmy.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a spot on my leg right now that I am going to see my Dr. about this afternoon. I wasn't sure if it was ringworm or possibly Lyme disease. I was just assuming it was ringworm, but mine does not itch at so now I'm a little more worried. Is yours perfectly round? Is the outer ring raised?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the help everyone! The ringworm is almost gone thanks to the prescription! (it's called "Mentax" for anyone else who might need a ringworm prescription from their docs- it works wonders!
) / As far as the flea bites go- yea!!!
They are FINALLY starting to go away! It took forever though....I figured out that taking 2 benadryl ever few hours (i took the equate brand
) and dousing hydracortisone on there everytime it itched really helped. I did notice Colin had one funny spot on him today though....i hope he doesn't have ringworm now! OMG! That would be aweful lol...at least i have the medicine to give him for it if that's what it is lol. I'm still a little itchy- but over all, it's sooo much better! Thankyou again everyone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I have a spot on my leg right now that I am going to see my Dr. about this afternoon. I wasn't sure if it was ringworm or possibly Lyme disease. I was just assuming it was ringworm, but mine does not itch at so now I'm a little more worried. Is yours perfectly round? Is the outer ring raised?
Mine were pretty round, -they start off almost like a little pimple- then they turn red...a tiny bit raised- but not too much, flaky, and very itchy.My doctor gave me Mentax for it and that helped a lot! However, if you have a spot on you and you're not sure if it's ringworm or lyme disease- get to the doctor ASAP. It is most likely ringworm since you're around animals on a regular basis- but do not risk the chance that it could be lyme disease- that is nothing to play around with and can really make you sick- so my suggestion would be to get to the doctor as soon as you can to rule out lyme disease. I would actually go to a minor medical center tonight- don't wait till tomorrow. If it is lyme disease, you can start to go down hill quickly. Don't chance it- get it checked out! I'm sending you lots of vibes and hoping it's nothing major. If it's ringworm, ask your doctor about Mentax- that stuff is awesome! Good luck!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your concern. I did make an appointment right away yesterday & the doctor said, "Oh yes that is classic ring worm" she didn't give me anything to treat it just said use over the counter anti-fungal. I felt a little silly after waiting 15 mins in the office to see her & seeing her for 15 seconds, but I know how bad Lyme disease can be It is not super common in this part of Wisconsin, but is much more common in Norther Wisconsin. Those darn deer ticks.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soooo glad it wasn't lyme disease! That's great news!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHHH!!!!! I thought the ringworm was going AWAY! Not Spreading!!! OMG!!! It's spread in 2 spots on my right arm! Uhhhh! all my other spots are healing up nicely..but what gives! Why do I have new spots? This stinks! I've disinfected the entire house.....did I mention Colin has a few spots now too
Ahhh! I have the itchies again! I think i should go into the dermatologist this week.
Blahhh! I hate ringworm!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep telling you guys about this product but no one seems to have tried it. It is the best I've found at killing ringworm in humans and felines.
http://petsbestrx.com/PetRingworm/
I tried the Ringworm Pack for Cats and it worked within 2 days (both on myself and my kitten), and it took 7 days to be completely gone -- note, I did clean and vacuum my home every single day (cleaned with a 1:10 bleach/water mixture, and remember to throw away your vacuum cleaner bag after each use).

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

I keep telling you guys about this product but no one seems to have tried it. It is the best I've found at killing ringworm in humans and felines.
I tried the Ringworm Pack for Cats and it worked within 2 days (both on myself and my kitten), and it took 7 days to be completely gone -- note, I did clean and vacuum my home every single day (cleaned with a 1:10 bleach/water mixture, and remember to throw away your vacuum cleaner bag after each use).
Gosh, I hope I don't need it, but keep reminding us!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

No one posted about that product on this thread, so thankyou for sharing that information with me. Maybe that will work! We sanatized the entire house with Tek-Trol (really strong...works on just about everything...we use it at the shelters I volunteer at- the stuff is great.) Everytime I vaccume I throw out the bag.....at Colin's his vaccume cleaner has a bag...at my house my vaccume is bagless, so I just clean it out. Thankyou for sharing that with me! I appreciate it!
Colin & I have been using Mentax...it's a prescription from my dermatologist for ringworm....it clears up the spots completly within a very short amount of time....however, Colin and I keep getting new spots! So that's what the problem has been. Somehow, it keeps spreading....we've been doing laundry like crazy and cleaning every surface we can think of! Thankfully none of the other animals have it right now aside from Kenzie my foster kitten. She has been on Conofite. I put it on her 2-3 times a day religiously and I still haven't seen much improvement on her...so she is going back to the vets office this week. Thanks for the tip!