Uhhhh Ringworm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm desperate...I'll try it and let you know if it works!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've officially tenderized myself.
Not too much luck so far....it felt good rubbing it into the itchy spots because the particles help exfloiate that area and when you exfoliate it kind of scratches those itches....but now that it's had a few minutes to set in, it really hasn't stopped the itching yet. I hope it starts to work soon!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw me too! There's all the chicken pox remedies - oatmeal bath, calamine lotion. And there is benedryl lotion, but you have to be careful not to take too much benedryl and ALSO use the lotion.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I took some benadryl ealier, so I can't have anymore till i get ready for bed...I've tried putting the liquid benadryl on it-no help...i've also tried putting my ringworm medicine on the mesquito bites - no help eithor
UHHHH I don't have any aveeno bath stuff with me here unfortunately (i'm at colin's house...i have it at my house though). I wonder if i put regular oatmeal in the bathtub, if that would work???

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, I took some benadryl ealier, so I can't have anymore till i get ready for bed...I've tried putting the liquid benadryl on it-no help...i've also tried putting my ringworm medicine on the mesquito bites - no help eithor
UHHHH I don't have any aveeno bath stuff with me here unfortunately (i'm at colin's house...i have it at my house though). I wonder if i put regular oatmeal in the bathtub, if that would work???
I put some regular oatmeal in a nylon stocking & then we would bathe her with that when my daughter had chicken pox, and it seemed to help. It's a little messy. But it felt good.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for that suggestion!!! I'm going to try that! I'm just not sure what i'm going to use in place of panty hose - my panty hose are at my house, not colin's

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make a paste out of it and put it on the spots.How many Benedryls did you take?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok good idea ladies! I'd going to take a bath now and then when I get out I will put my medicine on and make an oatmeal paste to put on the spots as well! I only took 2 benadryl. I'm on a ton of medicine for all of the stomach issues i've been having lately (there's a thread about that somewhere) so since my doses for that are so high, I'm scared to take more than what's recommended on the benadryl box for now. Thankyou once again everyone for all of your advice! My itchy skin thanks you !
Well...i'm off to go "drown" myself now lol. Have a great night everyone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! I'm heading into the kitchen to make an oatmeal paste

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thankyou! I'm heading into the kitchen to make an oatmeal paste
Uh...I must say that my daughter was 18 months old, and I'm not sure how efficacious the oatmeal was. But...it couldn't hurt!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Uh...I must say that my daughter was 18 months old, and I'm not sure how efficacious the oatmeal was. But...it couldn't hurt!
Well, lets just say the oatmeal "paste" didn't work last night
....talk about a disaster! lol
Last night I made a paste out of oatmeal and water....put it on my foot, put celephane (sp?) over that and wrapped it tight so it wouldn't leak, then put a cotton sock over it .....by 2am, the celephane had come loose, the oatmeal had leaked through my sock and got all over the sheets, and it was dried onto my foot- and made it itch more lol....so I washed my foot off, changed the sheets, and was still itching to death lol....I woke up again at 6am itching too- that was aweful...Colin said I looked like a monkey trying to groom my foot
. I did however come up with a concoction tonight that seemed to help a bit. Tonight I filled a deep pot up with warm water , oatmeal ,aloe vera, mild body soap, foot soak, and a bath fizzy...and soaked my foot in there for about a 1/2 hour. That helped a lot! After I took my foot out I slathered on benadryl on it and hydrocortisone and took two benadryl pills...that seemed to help a lot! I am still itching, but not nearly as bad. Also, I determined that those were definitely NOT mesquito bites! Those are flea bites- and i'm super allergic to them- so that's why i've been itching non-stop. That starbucks needs to spray the outside of their building for fleas!! Uhhh! Is it bad that I want to go back and get another Pumpkin Spice Latte???
Maybe i'll just go through the drive through next time

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am SO sorry about the oatmeal fiasco. You poor thing. FLEA bites. No WONDER they itched. I'd go to the Starbucks in the grocery store next time, LOL.

So the meat tenderizer didn't work, eh? I've only heard about it, not used it. Oh, here's a worse one. I've heard have a DOG lick your mosquito bites.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG I am SO sorry about the oatmeal fiasco. You poor thing. FLEA bites. No WONDER they itched. I'd go to the Starbucks in the grocery store next time, LOL.

So the meat tenderizer didn't work, eh? I've only heard about it, not used it. Oh, here's a worse one. I've heard have a DOG lick your mosquito bites.
Nope- no luck with the meat tenderizer...I just smelled like a steak

Oh Fosters has definietly tried that one anyways...lol
It certainly doesn't help the itching, but it definitely tickles. Our dog is soo goofy!
He is the most loving thing too- he would bathe an intruder in kisses before he would chase one off lol
. He has a special fondness for feet and houseshoes-my houseshoes!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh your dog is very cute! Is he an Australian Shepherd?

I was just remarking on Smudge who was lying within a circle of my shoes after he dragged them around to suit him. And sticking his head in them. ???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh your dog is very cute! Is he an Australian Shepherd?

I was just remarking on Smudge who was lying within a circle of my shoes after he dragged them around to suit him. And sticking his head in them. ???
Thankyou! He's an Australian Shepherd/ Collie mix. We adopted him back in may from the Bartlett Animal Shelter (where I volunteer and foster for) as an adult- he's soo great! He's like our little fluffy baby.
Fosters stays at Colin's house. I have a wolf/germanshepherd mix at my duplex named Ginger- she's sooo cute! She's 11yrs old, and still a spicy little thing- must be the wolf in her comming out
. My kitties don't try to stick their heads in my shoes...but Jasmine tries to eat them....who am i kidding....she tries to eat EVERYTHING!!!! ....ac adaptors, the rabbit- she learned the rabbit bites back lol
, dog food, my cell phone, shoes, my guitar strings, Ginger's tail, her pom pom balls.... she's like a fluffy garbage disposal! (please note, all of those things are up and out of her reach....she just always finds ways to find them...) Humm...the itching is still no better tonight! I'm seriously thinking about doing to a minor medical center tomorrow to have those bites and the ringworm looked at ...It's been several days now and nothing seems to help. If it's not better tomorrow, I will go. At the moment, I'm trying to keep my mind off itching by typing instead
seems to kind of work!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you are still itching!! I thought you were gonna go and raid the fridge?LOL!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you know, I was looking up "topical anesthetics" last night. I wonder if something like Neosporin with anesthetic or something of the like would help?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I am so sorry that you are still itching!! I thought you were gonna go and raid the fridge?LOL!!!
Oh consider that done lol! I wound up with baked pita chips, dill pickles and banana yogurt
I've been eating the strangest foods all week!