Ugly Cats

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I would criticize someone's child's behavior but not appearance. Big difference between being stupid and being ugly.
When I said "call a child stupid" I said not as in a behavior - I am saying stupid as in lack of IQ, lack of intellect, of intelligence which is the definition of stupidity. A child has no more fault for being ugly than to have low IQ.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugly is certainly relative and I found all cats loveable, but the word ugly does not equate cruelty, so let's lighten up a bit, folks

Ruthy, I can't believe anyone would shun Fudgy's pretty little face!
I guess people thought Gigi was the "least pretty" in her litter because she was the last girl left when I came along (and boy am I glad!!); the first time I saw her she had two calico sisters and another sister that was more "van" marked (orange ears only)...guess the saved the best for last.....I later found out that among the foster owners, Gigi was the FAVORITE kitten (for her personality!)...not pretty my assssets.....

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MysteryCat

Ugly or not, it made no difference. One thing is for sure, we all love cats!
ABsoPOSIluTELY!!!
well said

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

Hairless dogs are prone to dental loss.. You can take excellent care of the teeth, and they will still suffer dental loss. The hairless gene causes the loss of dentation. You will be hard pressed to find a hairless Crested with a full set of teeth! My Crested is missing 3 pre-molars.

The dental loss is even accepted in the show ring- but only for the hairless variety. If you'd compare the teeth of a hairless to a puff- the teeth are actually more "tusk-like".. the molars are smaller and not as well formed.

Its a hairless thing, not necessarily anything to do with the dental care- or lack thereof.
Like I said as long as it's treated I don't care how many teeth they have(or don't have.) It's the ones that you can tell aren't having their poor teeth taken care of, like I said obviously rotten teeth that are most likely hurting the animal and make it's breath reek. That's why I said hairless due to dental issues since I already knew that hairless dogs have dental issues no matter how well you take care of their teeth but I didn't know that the missing teeth are acceptable in the show ring(but I've never read the breed standard.)

Physical deformity has nothing to do with an animal being 'ugly.' I was at my Uncle Jackie's in NC and the most beautiful tabby in the world walked up to me. This cat was drop dead gorgeous, I wanted it so bad and it was so friendly. Beautiful markings, long soft fur, I can't even begin to explain how beautiful this cat was, oh yeah, it also happened to be missing an eye and that side of it's face it looked like whatever it was that got the eye got some of the surrounding bone as well.

My friend who adopted only ugly animals from shelters celebrated her animals' ugliness. That is why ugly dog contests and other ugly animal contests are popular. People who enter their animals into these are celebrating their ugly animals, they embrace it and even enjoy them not being anyone's standard of cute. I can't remember all the cute animals my friend's have had over the years but I remember every single ugly animal my friend had and they were the sweetest animals I have ever met. I've never been bitten or scratched or threatened by an ugly animal, they just seem to be so much nicer than your average animal.

Taryn

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I forgot to add that the only cat my outsides wouldn't accept and would be mean and chase off was the Siamese(Nuts would arch his back, puff up and hiss at the Siamese at 4 weeks old.) They accept every other cat that comes by to eat their food but they would chase off the Siamese any time they saw her. So animals will chase off 'different' animals or animals that are 'ugly' to them.

Taryn