ugh...problem neighbor

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand both where you are coming and where your neighbor is coming from ( IF she had true reason).

I am a renter but I live on the bottom floor. With BOTH of the people who have lived above me, I have had extreme problems with their noise and drug use!

They stomp around like elephants, they play their music with ALOT of base at all hours of the day and night, smoke pot everyday and always park about 6 inches from our garage door so we can't get out and they fill the garbage can right full on the day I take it to the corner to put it out for pick up

One, we all signed legally binding contracts that music or excess noise not be allowed after 11pm and it's law too, it is illegal to smoke cigs or anything else inside or on property, and we pay rent for our driveway and garage and if they shovelled their own spot, they'd have somewhere to park!

Both my husband and I have talked to them nicely multiple times, say we don't care even if you party on the weekends and said sure, have your music on but please shut it down by 1am and we said we wouldn't tell our landlords if they just smoked their pot outside.

None of that works and they're constantly rude and act like they own the WHOLE building!

This past thursday night, they had a party with their music going All night and then at 5 am, they were wrestling or something in the living room (Right above my bedroom) and making extremely loud thumps and yells so finally I just stood on the top of my bed where there is a vent and I screamed at the top of my lungs shut the
up! It worked LOL

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I feel for you!!!! I've gone through the same thing where I live.

I've lived in the same apartment for 10 years and 4 years ago the neighbour that shares the common wall of my dining room / living room moved out because the rent was getting too expensive. Her and I never had a problem with each other for the whole 6 years we lived next to one another. The guy who moved in after she left was a PITA!!!!

I live alone. I very rarely have company over and I was working 13 hour shifts either days or night stretches.

I'm a night owl and tend to stay up late watching TV and using the computer. I have the volume of my TV to the minimum I need in order to hear it. Another notch down and I can't hear it at all. The guy on the otherside of my wall was constantly banging on the wall or my door demanding I turn the volume down. I had the caretaker come and listen to the volume and she said it wasn't loud. It couldn't even be heard in the hallway outside my door. So after that whenever that guy banged on my wall I banged right back and wrote a letter to the agency to complain about him and his antics.

During the day when I was trying to sleep for my night shift he would turn his stereo right up to top volume so that my walls and floor shook, even in the next room. I was beside myself while he was living there. Never having had a problem with anyone and suddenly he moves in and I'm all of a sudden a noisey person that warrants him banging on my walls complaining about noises that no one else ever complained about before!!!!!!!!

I kept complaining to the agency about him and he eventually moved.

The only thing I can suggest for you to do is to contact the agency and complain that you feel harassed. Banging on the floor when you are just walking around is harassment. I can see if you are wallking about in hard heeled shoes making clomping sounds on the floor as you go. But if you are walking around with bare feet or slippers, there is no reason for her to be banging on your floor.

If it were me the next time she started thumping on my floor, I'd deliberately stomp on the floor in return. But that's just me.

Report her to the agency and tell them what she is doing.