U.S. citizens: Are you going to vote on Tuesday?

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

Admittedly, I didn't get interested in how our government works until about eight years ago.

One thing I don't understand is the housing collapse. When we were looking for a house our realtor told us we could get more house for lower payments with an ARM. I said I would rather have a fixed rate so I know what my payments will be until the house is paid off.

Seems to me quite a few problems are caused by people not taking responsibility for their decisions.
If you have an ARM, I would refinance immediately. Rates have never been this low. Only problem is if you owe more than the house is worth. Otherwise, re-fi!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted, and actually wrote in candidates this time. There were 3 candidates that were running unopposed, so DH and I both wrote in alternatives - our neighbors and me. Then called the neighbors and asked that they do the same thing.

So if the incumbents don't get more than 5 votes, I'm a shoe in for County Clerk, and the neighbors will take the State Board of Education and the Commissioner for Insurance. As my neighbor stated: "Insurance for all!!".

I voted out all the old crusty judges.