U.S. citizens: Are you going to vote on Tuesday?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering whether people are interested enough in the mid-term elections to vote. My ballot was mailed in a month ago, so now I can sit back and watch the returns.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! As a democrat, I will always ALWAYS, vote, and show my support... They need it... every bit of it
And I am proud and Happy to give it to them

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No religious reasons... but prior to that being my reason for not voting it would be did not like my choices ... I have voted once and that was a school bond issue

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in all honesty, no. I hate politics with a passion and do not pay attention to what any of them believe in.
Plus I work all day and dont want to have to rush to stand in line and probably end up being late

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This US mid-term in an important election....
I mailed my ballot in 2 weeks ago.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

Oh yes, gotta do my part to get conservatives back in.
Originally Posted by LotsO'Cats

I early voted last week
I've got to do my part to keep the conservative out! I early voted too!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so ashamed to admit that I missed the deadline to register, so I will not be voting
I usually always try to vote, and I am so mad at myself that my vote will not be counted because I know I will be upset at the outcome (I'm liberal and live in a red state, no democrats ever win here, but this year I am especially unhappy with the platfrorms of the ones that are going to be on the ballot, but I know they will most likely win just because of their party affiliation
)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might check on your registration. Unless you recently moved, you should still be OK. And if you've moved since the registration deadline, and you were registered in your previous location, you should be able to vote there.

Of course, everyone knows the joke: Vote Tuesday! Unless you're a (fill in whatever party you're NOT in tune with), then vote Wednesday!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You might check on your registration. Unless you recently moved, you should still be OK. And if you've moved since the registration deadline, and you were registered in your previous location, you should be able to vote there.

Of course, everyone knows the joke: Vote Tuesday! Unless you're a (fill in whatever party you're NOT in tune with), then vote Wednesday!
Wait so if I registered to vote in 2008, my registration still holds??? I was always confused by that! IF so I will most definitely vote

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Wait so if I registered to vote in 2008, my registration still holds??? I was always confused by that! IF so I will most definitely vote
If you registered to vote and still live in that state/city it's good. You only have to register once.

If you move to another part of the city that you are registered in you can go to the old voting location. But you should have it updated at some point.

What I did when I moved was go to the new location and tell them that I was registered but at another address. They had people there doing registrations so he just re-registered me.

At the moment I am wishing that I had requested a mail in ballot. Getting there is a pain because of the lines and my not walking so well.

I am also wishing that people would stop calling me about political issues! Hate it, hate it!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sure am! Voting for the people that will do something about the illegal immigration problem.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have loved to have voted early through the mail but I don't know how that works. So I'll be standing in line with the hubby Tuesday instead. But I get enough paid time off to cover a couple hours.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here you can register at the polling site with proper id and a utility bill