Two different kitties, siblings? What do you think?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi fellow kitty junkies,
Just curious.........my husband found these two kittens last August out in the middle of no where. He brought them home, and they both had upper respiratory infections, that we immediately had them to the vet and fixed them all up. We adopted the black one out to my very good friend who adores black kitties, and we adopted Tigger. Could a totally black kitten and a totally yellow kitten come from the same litter? I say most definitly, Bobbie, my friend, says no. She thought they were probably just friends. What do you guys think? I think an all white cat can give birth to an all black cat, so why not our two?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Squirt.....that's one vote for me! Your kitty is just as adorable!

Susie

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what it is about Tigger, but he is just the cutest cat. He stole my heart the first picture I saw of him!
Anytime he wants a vacation you know where to send him

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squirt, I've noticed that you seem to love my boy. He is quite the little darling. My first two kitties were female, so I wasn't sure what to expect with aa male, but he is so loving and affectionate..........wouldn't trade any of them for the world.
Here is another pic for your "Tiggy" fix! Have a great day!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Candie.......that's two votes for me!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They absolutely could have come from the same litter. My cousin's cat has had two litters of kittens (Yes we are getting her fixed) and they were all different colors.

On a different notes those two sure are cute.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.. I'll say this.. Isis was a brown stripey at, and Shadow was a blue russian, and they had 1 black cat, 2 grey and white tuxedos, Banno the kitty I showed pictures of, a calico named harley, and twin silver tabbies.. So I'm going with yesh.

And also they have the same head shape, so that's another guess to their siblinghood.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They could certainly be from the same family. The mom of my kittens was a calico...there were 6 kittens in the litter...2 medium haired gray kittens, 1 short haired gray kitten, 1 black kitten and my 2....medium haired orange and white and short haired tortie.

Katie

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What adorable kittens, I can see some similiarities in them so I think they are possible littermates.

Here's more variation:
My cat Snowball was born to a tortie mother. One of his littermates looked like a Seal Point Siamese, excpet this kitten had green eyes. Snowballs other two littermates were both solid color kittens, one was gray and the other was orange, just like your Tigger.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat named Mimi who was a Siamese and she gave birth to two black and two seal point Siamese kittens. I have seen many litters that have mixed colors. There's another vote for you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely could come from the same litter. Could have been two different fathers, though, that contributed to the coloring. Females can mate and conceive with multiple males.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last litter of orphans that I had were black and red. To be precise, 1 black long haired male, 1 black short haired female, 1 long haired red tabby, and 1 short haired white with red tabby splotches who also happened to be polydactyl. Their mom was a long haired tortie and who knows who the papa was.

It is also possible for a litter to be fathered by more than one male, in which you can get some really mixed up traits in the kittens if they get their father's genes. We had one feral litter where this was clearly the case - not only color markings, but personalities were totally different.

I think they are siblings! If there is any doubt, look at this litter!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely yes, possible. The proof is in my sig: Cindy and Fawn are litter mates. Probably different fathers, though.

Those two are real cuties!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me get this straight...are you guys telling me that one single litter can be fathered by two or more different males?? A female goes into heat, mates with a male, gets pregnant, mates with another male, and although already pregnant, he fathers more kittens in the same pregnancy........I'm very confused. Help!

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, absolutely they can be from the same litter. They could have 2 different dads. It's also all about genetics which of course I know nothing about.