Two different kitties, siblings? What do you think?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

They have faces that just scream " KISS MEEEE"
Don't they just!! They probably shouldn't get all the kisses they deserve, though -- they'd suffocate!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Let me get this straight...are you guys telling me that one single litter can be fathered by two or more different males?? A female goes into heat, mates with a male, gets pregnant, mates with another male, and although already pregnant, he fathers more kittens in the same pregnancy........I'm very confused. Help!
Yup, that's what we are telling you! The mixed litter that I suspect with 2 dads had only had 3 kittens - 2 by one father and 1 by another.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy,
I have never heard of that. I thought once you were pregnant, you were pregnant..............never thought of having more than one dad to a litter. Weird!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They could definitely be from the same litter. JC's mom was white with a black tail and ears; the kittens were: 1 female gray tiger, 3 male tuxedos (ranging from primarily black to 50% black and white), and one gray and white male. Now that they're five, they range in size from 6 lbs. (the gray and white male) to 13.5 lbs. (JC).