Twitter...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate Twitter. How boring.

But I think this is because I don't care to comment on anyone's tweets and I don't think anyone would care to comment on mine if I did use twitter..
Who would, honestly? The people I care about, I either tell them what I'm doing on the phone or I text them, and they can comment all they want in a real conversation

I have facebook and I use it to keep in touch with people who don't live near me, but I almost never write on people's walls if I see them every day. That's just stupid IMO, but people do it all the time.
To be honest though, I don't like phone conversations unless it's with someone very close to me. If it's something about school or someone who is just an acquaintance, I'd much rather get a text or a voice mail or an email....sometimes people message me on facebook about school and I do use it for that. So...it comes in handy for people who I want to avoid talking to.

lync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was glad to see this post as I don't "get it" either. I signed up and started following Ashton Kutcher because everyone else was....... and I never posted anytining other than questions. No one answered my questions and maybe I didn't do it right, but, what the heck? I don't know anyone on Twitter and I don't get it. I am never doing anything other than posting on Twitter when I am there so who cares?

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I understand that it's not for everyone, but it really does make me twitch when people say, flat out, that it's a waste of time. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but that's not how it's being presented.
It is a waste of time for me.I do respect other people's opinions,but for me...Twitter is pointless! I do text when I need to and I use Facebook/Myspace...I don't need Twitter.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate Twitter. How boring.
Yeah that!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you just need to follow the right people. At first I wondered what the point was, but I follow a bunch of interesting people. Some are friends, and it's nice to see what they're up to, I follow the shelter I volunteer at to see who's adopted and what's coming up, and websites like Woot that have a Twitter feed.

Others are authors, one of the White House cameramen (he follows the Obama's most places and it's fascinating seeing things from his perspective), I followed astronauts from the last couple of missions who Tweet from space (!!), the Australian PM, a couple of my favourite bands, and some of the lower level celebrities - Diablo Cody, Pink, John Cleese, Felicia Day is fantastic
Oh and of course Socks the Cat, and his house mates Penny, and the newly acquired Tweetie aka Sockelganger

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess Facebook is about all the social networking I can keep up with (sort of), and I'd rather drop in every so often and see what's up than follow someone around -- not to mention that there's no way I'm keeping a stream of tweets going in case someone should want to follow me -- God forbid. However -- whatever floats your boat!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Now is the ANTI-Facebook?...
....LOL!...
No -- if that's anti-anything, it's anti-Twitter. It certainly wasn't meant to be anti-Facebook.