Tuffy

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuffy is around
... That was a lovely touching way of him showing you that.

I really believe in this kind of thing as I've had 'signs' too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is so strange about the toy falling out is I had the blanket off the couch last fall because I have to get under the couch to drain the water out of the fresh water tank to winterize the motor home, so I also had to take part of the front off the couch and the toy never fell out of where ever it was. Then like I said at the same time I was thinking of Tuffy Friday night I get up to straighten the blanket we use to cover the couch and his toy falls out. It just seemed so weird to me at the time, and my depression has been worse ever since this happened. It changed my mood for the whole camping trip.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, I talk to Tuffy all the time when I am thinking of him, I mostly say I am sorry I couldn't do more to help him and how much I still miss him. I was pretty much getting over being sad when I think of Tuffy, but that toy falling on the floor deal just got to me. I put his toy on one of the shelves when I keep my clothes in the motor home, I couldn't give it to the other cats to play with. I also have the last little white mouse toy the vets office gave him just a few days before he died hid away so the other cats can't get it and loose it. Maybe I am crazy to keep his toys stored away but it just felt right to keep them.

I know there isn't much that could be done for FIP, but I wonder sometimes if something we did or didn't do with Tuffy that helped to bring on FIP.

The hardest part is he fought so hard to come back from being so sick when I first got him to end up loosing him anyway in the end. I guess god had a plan for Tuffy and me, I learned so much about taking care of a sick kitty, and in the end I feel I am a better person because of taking care of Tuffy. If not for Tuffy I probably wouldn't have found this great Cat sight, and I would not now have a pulling tractor with his name and cool decals of him on the sides of it.

The other day Yvonne said to someone that we would never sell our motor home, Now I could never sell it because I feel Tuffy is still living in it with us when we go camping.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are Tuffys toys that have Tuffy's smell and fur on them so it's only natural that you don't want the others to play with them. I think (God forbid) should anything happen to Rosie, i know every toy that only she had before Sophie came along and i would putting those away as well

Tom, you and Yvonne did everything you could for Tuffy, and i'm sure if there was more to do you would have done it. Just keep thinking of your little boy jumping after the butterflies over at the bridge, because you will see him again one day

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor beautiful Tuffy! I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest peacefully, sweetie, and play happily over the bridge!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is only natural to keep certain things Tom, I didn't want any of my other cats to use Ginger's bed, i couldn't have faced seeing anyone in it, so I gave it to one of our fosterers - it was quite new, so I didn't want to throw it. And strangely enough, i have a different bed in the same place, and I can cope with that. Sadly, FIP is one of those illnesses where there is nothing we could have done differently, it could have been connected with his original illness, as it is linked to their immune system, but the most important thing is that he had someone who loved him so much, and did so much for him, if you hadn't found him, he would have gone sooner, unloved and in pain, so however hard it is, you gave him a wonderful gift. RIP little one, and big hugs to you.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Allot of the time Tuffy would sleep at night in a old rocking chair next to my side of the bed. Then shortly after Tufffy died Missy started to sleep in Tuffy's chair so some times in the night I would wake up to roll over or something and see Missy there and I would think it was Tuffy because I was half asleep, so I would be glad to see Tuffy in his old spot till I came too enough to realise it was Missy and Tuffy would never sleep there again.

Cozmo now sleeps in that chair allot also, I am glad that Cozmo sleeps next to me like Tuffy used to. Cozmo is like Tuffy in that they both loved to curl up on a soft pillow and sleep, so I have to make sure nothing gets put on the old rocking chair and there is a pillow on it, for Cozmo to sleep there but more for the memory of Tuffy sleeping there.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, Well it was one year ago this morning that Tuffy crossed the bridge. It still hurts almost as much today as it did a year ago.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry Tom, I can't believe it has been a whole year. You gave him so much though, and he will be looking down on you, grateful for the love and care you gave him. xx

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, I know its hard to believe its been a year already. I had to double check the date to make sure I was correct before posting. Then I remembered the date is in my signature under my posts so I looked at that also to be sure.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another Christmas without Tuffy.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did you make it through Christmas without Tuffy???
Mine was hard without Glitch!

Hope to talk to you soon!

~Amber

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Christmas went OK, I have clinical depression so the holidays are always hard for me. Christmas time has always been hard for me since I was a kid.

I can go for a while without thinking of Tuffy or I remember the fun times with him but at times I still miss him and get sad. Probably will always be like this.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Getting close to 2 years now since Tuffy left me. August will be a good and a bad month for me. On August 5th I will have been sober for 20 years this year, but on the 24th Tuffy crossed over 2 years ago. I still can't read all these posts without getting all choked up and start to cry.

We have a big camping weekend coming up, thats when I miss him the most, He liked to go camping in the motor home so much and I sometimes would sit with him and watch the sunrise out the window. He did that every morning, in the motor home or at home.

I wish I knew what he was thinking as he would sit in the window and stare outside for hours. It was like he was looking for someone to come and find him or he was missing someone. I hope he was happy being with me the little while I had him.

I am so sorry Tuffy, I did all I could to help you. I just wish you could have been here a while longer and not have to take the horrible meds all the time. I wish you could have been just a normal heathy kitty at least for a while.

I have tried to fill the hole left inside me when you died with other kittys and I love all of them but they are not my Tuffy.