Tuffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have talked about this in another tread, but I have a new kitty cat, his name is Cozmo, he is a little over 4 months old. One of the girls at the vets office I go to saved 4 kittens from a shelter that was going to end all there lives because no one would adopt them. I went to her house and I sat in a room with her and the kittens for about 1 1/2 hours and talked and waited to see what the kittens did. After everything settled down it was Cozmo that jumped on my lap and purred away as he wanted me to pet him. So he came home with me.

I am so glad I picked him, He is my new little buddy, just like Tuffy was, he also has allot of Tuffy's personality, and temperament. He follows me all over the house and "talks" to me if I don't pick him up and carry him around with me, just like Tuffy used to do. He is also just as stubborn as Tuffy could be at times.

He is also learning what he can and can't do around here. He always wanted to follow me out the door when I went outside, but he is learning that he can't go outside, and if he tries to sneak out I look down at him and say "NO" in a firm voice and he backs off.

He seems like a smart little guy and I didn't have any problems at all when he first got here, he just went all over the house checking things out and couldn't care less that there were 4 other cats and a big dog trying to check him out, he gets along with all the other cats just fine. I think when he gets bigger he is going to be the "boss" cat.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Tom that's great, I hope Cozmo can some what fill a void for you, he will never take Tuffy's place but I'm sure he will Love you just the same, the animals Love is really more true then some people I think, they never judge us either. I wish you both and all your other babies much Happiness

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - I'm so glad Cozmo joined you - I think you'll find, like I did, that your new little guy is going to have a lot in common with his predecessor. Sort of like it was meant to be. :eek:)

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for getting way off the topic here. Cozmo can never be a Tuffy anymore than Tuffy can be a Cozmo.

Bottom line is I miss Tuffy and always will.

Tom

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I just knew that Tuffy would send someone to look after you.
This is so right, so very, very right (she always nails it anyway!)

Sammy joined us May 20, only 9 days after Sasha left after 14 wonderful years. I was heartbroken and numb after Sasha. I had him since he was 4 days old, and his mama. It was very, very hard as the cancer moved so fast I barely had time to really prepare...and you never are anyway.

But Sammy is 8...and seems to have picked up where Sasha left off. Little Saba liked him instantly and he is very good to her. He watches over her and licks her and gently scolds her, just like Sasha did...uncanny.

I know Sasha "sent" him to us, just like Cozmo was sent to you, Tom, by Tuffy.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tom

I am new here so I didn't know anything about your Tuffy, but I can tell that you loved him and you were good to him.

I can also see that there are a lot of people here who care about you.

I am glad that you have another cat to help you through your sadness.

We had to put our dog Sambo to sleep in March of this year, I felt the same way that you felt. We did have another dog at the time, and Opie has been a real joy for me at times.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that you have a new friend Tom, I always find it helps to get over a loss, and it is nice that he is similar to Tuffy. No one will ever replace him, but it is nice to have a new focus, and he will help you in his own little way.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am finding that Cozmo has allot of Tuffy's personality and he has attached himself to me as strong or even stronger than Tuffy did.

Anywhere I go in the house he is with me, he can be sound asleep and if I go to another room he gets up and has to be with me. He talks to me and is at my feet in the way till I pick him up and carry him.

He even talks to me the same way Tuffy used to, he sounds the same as Tuffy did when he was happy with me our mad at me.

I still miss Tuffy, but I am so glad I went and got Cozmo, he is kinda like having Tuffy here yet in many ways.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I am glad for you that Cozmo is so much like Tuffy, and that things have worked out well with you adopting him.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I am still having problems accepting he is gone. Some days I am sad and some days I am angry about the whole thing. It just don't seem fare that he was so sick at first and Tuffy and I fought so hard to get him well again just to have him get so sick again and not make it.

He was pretty much my life for about a year, I always had to be around to make sure he got his meds, and some times when we went camping he had to come along so he got his meds, good thing he liked to go with us so much, I think some of his happiest days were when he was camping with us.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you are still having problems acceptin he is gone Tom, I wish there was something I Could say to help, but I haven't had those kind of probs when losing cats, so I really can't. I hope that soon you can just think of the happy times, and not have to be angry or upset at what you both had to go through.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tom have you thought of seeing a counsellor?. You did everything you could for Tuffy, infact what you did speaks volumes, but maybe it would help you come to terms with losing Tuffy by speaking to someone

I can only imagine what your going through, and i dread the day that i lose one of mine

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for caring about me so much, I have had many hours of counseling for many other bad things that have happened in my life so I know what I have to do to deal with this stuff, but it is so hard sometimes.

I am slowly getting better when it comes to Tuffy. I had the feelings come back some when following along with the story of the poor kitty that they thought was a spider bite at first and found out it was something else that they couldn't do anything about and he didn't make it also. That story in allot of ways was just like what Tuffy went through near the end of his life.

I am starting to think of the fun times I had with Tuffy more, Cozmo will do something funny and I will think that Tuffy used to do the same thing. As Cozmo gets a little older his meow is sounding allot like Tuffy's did, and he "talks" to me almost the same way as Tuffy did when he was glad to see me or upset with me about something.

Cozmo was sleeping all tangled up with Panther the other night just like Tuffy used to. I tried to get a picture but Cozmo is such a light sleeper that he woke when he heard me getting the camera out and he got up to see what I was up to. It was to bad I didn't get the picture, it would have been one of those "cute alert" pictures.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is always hard when we love them the way we do. I lost Petunia 5 years ago and there are times I just miss her (like when I put my socks on - no matter where in the house she was, she knew when I was doing that and came for snuggles). But I remind myself that I'm a better person because of her and she is with me always.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, We were camping from Friday till Sunday, Friday night I got thinking about how it is not the same without Tuffy along with us and at that moment I got up and fixed the blanket on the couch and one of Tuffy's old toys fell out almost like Tuffy made it fall out at that moment, I picked up the toy and almost cried.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awww Tom
I'd take that as a sign that Tuffy was telling you that he was there with you
He hasn't left you - he is just hanging around in a different way.