Trying to bring in an outdoor cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a silly boy not to want to adopt you as his slave and come in and stay in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, its snowing in the Lower Hudson Valley, NY! Its just now covering the ground. And that little cat of mine is out and about on his rounds. Wouldn't you think he'd want to come inside! LOL! They say it will be in the 60s here tomorrow. Wild weather!

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know you know. I was more talking to him than you. Tell him aunty stewball said he's a silly boy.
OK I'll be sure to do that when he decides to come inside. Saw him about a half and hour ago sitting under a bush near my house watching the birds at the feeder. Hmmmmmmmm. Its snowing so I called to him to come in. He did for 5 minutes, meowed loudly at me and went outside again in the cold and snow!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I'll be sure to do that when he decides to come inside. Saw him about a half and hour ago sitting under a bush near my
house watching the birds at the feeder. Hmmmmmmmm. Its snowing so I called to him to come in. He did for 5 minutes, meowed loudly at me and went outside again in the cold and snow!
CATS!!!!!! Sigh!

berghill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cat which lived with us for some 18 years absolutely hated being indoors. He would dig his way out if forced to stop in. And it did not matter what the weather was either. He would sleep inside all day, but come the night, off he went. Snow, hail, rain gales, he did not care. Some cats are like that!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Berg hill does your cat go out side to do his business? I was told if I want my cat inside I would have to have his stool checked incase he had parasites from being out side and maybe eating other things. I saw my bell kill a rabbit . For course I was upset. This happened in the summer. I also have an indoor cat and dog .

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pipi that's great that you put all the blankets on the floor. My cat loves to lay on blankets. I was just wondering why you cover the snuggle disks . I have two and they have a fleece cover on them. Should I also cover them with a little Matt? Does it keep the heat in better ?

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pipi that's great that you put all the blankets on the floor. My cat loves to lay on blankets. I was just wondering why you cover the snuggle disks . I have two and they have a fleece cover on them. Should I also cover them with a little Matt? Does it keep the heat in better ?
Yes Linda I find it keeps the heat in better when covered in addition to the fleece cover they come with. Plus I think it's a bit more comfortable. And, when he lies on top of the spot where they are his weight on the comforter makes him feel the heat. I opened the door a few minutes ago to check on him before coming up to bed and he was snoozing peacefully looking nice and toasty!

berghill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Berg hill does your cat go out side to do his business? I was told if I want my cat inside I would have to have his stool checked incase he had parasites from being out side and maybe eating other things. I saw my bell kill a rabbit . For course I was upset. This happened in the summer. I also have an indoor cat and dog .
Hannibal (that was his name as he answered to Horrible animal and we had to find one which sounded the same) was dosed regularly with tablets to rid him of worms etc. He was a great rat catcher as well as mouser and we have no doubt that he ate rabbit, hare and squirrel too. I suppose it is different in parts of the world where there are predators which will take a cat, but here in Britain, cats are themselves probably the biggest predators of small animals.

I am really enjoying reading this saga.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a cat who makes a little snorting noise? Sometimes when I'm rubbing Pi's head and behind his ears he makes a little snorting noise that sounds almost like a sneeze but isn't a sneeze.

Just went to check on him before coming up to bed and was surprised when I saw he wasn't in his bed nor was he in the garage. It is VERY windy out tonight and I can't imagine why he would want to go out there. Usually he is sleeping in his bed when I check on him. To make matters worse the pet door had shut. I normally prop it open with string and tape but tonight the tape came loose. I secured it again and called him several times but he didn't come. A new pet door is on the way to replace this one. He SHOULD be able to open the new one with no help. Hope he comes home tonight 'cause his "mom" is very worried.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi my indoor cat gwen snores. Haha the when she is sleeping. Oh how we worry about our out door babies. He might have gotten frightened from the wind last night . When it is windy my Bell hides under the deck. He could not get in because of the door right and even if you fixed it he might have been to frighted to come back if he had somewhere to hide from the wind. Hopefully he will be real hungry and come for dinner. It was so warm down here on Long Island yesterday and my cat just sit on the bench all day and all night. He did not even want to come in all day yesterday. Hope pipi comes back. Kept us posted.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I mean breakfast.
Hooray! Yes he was here for breakfast. I am so relieved. Looks like he did spend the night in his sleeping area. Don't know when he came back as it was about 11 PM when I checked and found him missing. I woke up at 2 AM but couldn't go downstairs to check because if I had found him still gone I know I wouldn't have gotten back to sleep! So silly but knowing there was nothing I could do to "control" the situation I just had to wait to see how it played out. Pi is teaching me a good lesson about "controlling" situations. He has made me appreciate that sometimes we just have to "go with the flow." Not easy for a "worry wart" like me!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great. So happy that it knows we're to go to be safe. The wind today is really making my cat bell crazy today. He keeps coming in and out.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great. So happy that it knows we're to go to be safe. The wind today is really making my cat bell crazy today. He keeps coming in and out.
Yes, I can't stand high winds, never have liked them. I have a lot of tall trees around me and its creepy. Don't blame Bell for coming in. Pi is stubborn though he has gone off on his daily toot and I'm never sure where that is but I have seen him go up to the woods at times so that is where I think he goes. I was surprised on the day we had snow last week to see him sitting under a bush in my yard at 1:15 PM. Normally he leaves after breakfast and I don't see him again until late afternoon. Wish he would come inside in the daytime but it usually is just at night. Then after a bit of time in the house (kitchen) he goes to his vestibule and the garage where he seems to be very happy.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for my cat Gwen because every time bell comes in I have to put her in the bathroom . I am afraid of them getting into a big fight. I am so glad I have you guys to text because some people think I am crazy worrying about my cat. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.