Treats for cats who eat frank n prey?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie---the Hare Today Tripe is chunky, not finely ground. Has a weird texture, I think it's chewy enough. It's hard to portion. . .doesn't cut or scoop well. You kind of have to pull it apart :barf:. The odor isn't too bad, smells like a stockyard but not very strong. I bought it for the dogs but the cats went wild for it. Hope your kitties like it too!
I was able to more or less scoop it, but yeah - weird texture. I'm actually glad I got this ground stuff - I don't think I'd be up for handling tripe for long. I portion meals up into 10 - 11 oz , so the 2 pound bags are 3 meals. The smell wasn't too bad doing that - I just worked quickly. :lol3:

Serving it for dinner was better than bagging up kidney, I guess. It's definitely a different kind of icky smell. Willowy, you say it smells like a "stockyard." I would describe it as smelling like poop. :nod:

So Carolina - if you want to compliment your jelly pee with poop, this is the way to go! :flail:

Of course, Flowerbelle, Lazlo, Spooky and Sheldon refused to eat it. :rolleyes: (My non-kidney eaters). Chumley, Ming Loy, and Tuxie loved it. Billy didn't finish his - but once I dusted it with FD chicken, he did.

Because it's so good for them, I'll keep it in rotation for the four that eat it. I'll probably give it to them once a week.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, this thread made me laugh pretty good.

I can't stand the small of heart. To me, it's the worst. :X