Trapping is set

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to make sure if trapped with food in bowl tonight, will the stray cat feel comfortable in the trap all night until 9 am tomorrow for vet visit? I have seen cats in cages at Petsmart so I should not be concerned but this cat is stray. ( the trap is already covered with blanket ...it still has air space).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most updated:

He is trapped at 6:15 pm EST this evening;Tuesday.
Hope he remains rest and comfortable until tomorrow.:clap:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He should be fine in the trap until tomorrow.  Just make sure it is up off the ground and there is plenty of air circulating.  Congrats on the successful trapping!

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now 6:15 am. The cat is fine...meowing...The trap was on cement by the front door all night.
I just took the trap into the back of the pickup truck without blanket. The trap was heavy while carrying. She would be in the truck for three more hours.

Will update it.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So happy you got him/her!!  Best of luck today.  Do please update.

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She got vaccinated. The vet said there is no way to know if he has rabies, but the vaccination would prevent giving rabies. I drove back home with rabies certification.

Then put her in bright laundry room with window. I placed 3x5 foot high screen as a door. There is no way for her to jump. She could not jump over 5 foot high screen. Nevertheless, I took one hour nap and came back to check on her. She disappeared. I could not believe it. Therefore she did jump over the screen.

He has to be in the house. I am bit concerned cuz I have my two own cats 10 years old. They are gone,too; scared probably.

I have filled bowl of food in laundry room to keep track of him. Hope my two other cats do not use the bowl.

More update later.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She got vaccinated. The vet said there is no way to know if he has rabies, but the vaccination would prevent giving rabies. I drove back home with rabies certification.

Then put her in bright laundry room with window. I placed 3x5 foot high screen as a door. There is no way for her to jump. She could not jump over 5 foot high screen. Nevertheless, I took one hour nap and came back to check on her. She disappeared. I could not believe it. Therefore she did jump over the screen.

He has to be in the house. I am bit concerned cuz I have my two own cats 10 years old. They are gone,too; scared probably.

I have filled bowl of food in laundry room to keep track of him. Hope my two other cats do not use the bowl.

More update later.
So I am a bit confused as to whether the cat is male or female?  Is the cat spayed/neutered? 

You can try stacking baby gates on top of each other, but it would be best if you gave the cat of room of its own if possible. 

Are you keeping the cat in the house full time?

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet examined and find him male. He is not neutered. The vet (she) said he can have foul odor in small space since he is not neutered. I don't understand. I am surprised that you asked if spayed or neutered. It seems important information to you.

Actually I don't want to keep him but after a number of calls, no one is interested in adopting him. So I decide to have him in the house. Maybe he is getting acquainted with the house layout before he is seen again. I still don't know where he is. He big, strong adult cat is hiding like a kitten. He did jump over the moon!

Now he has the house to himself. The order smell should be minimal since he's no longer in small laundry room. But I am bit concerned since he is not tame...won't respond to patting. Maybe I need to carry a wood stick for a while before he becomes a house pet. That part may be the hardest.

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vet examined and find him male. He is not neutered. The vet (she) said he can have foul odor in small space since he is not neutered. I don't understand. I am surprised that you asked if spayed or neutered. It seems important information to you.

Actually I don't want to keep him but after a number of calls, no one is interested in adopting him. So I decide to keep him in the house. Maybe he is getting acquainted with the house layout before he is seen again. I still don't know where he is. He big, fat adult cat is hiding like a kitten. He did jump over the moon!
The foul odor will come from his urine as long as he is not neutered.  Tom cats have very strong urine.  I ask if he is neutered as living with an indoor only tom cat can be quite a challenge.  He will do everything in his power to get outside.  He will have a strong urge to fight and own territory.  If he is allowed outside, he will impregnant any non spayed female within miles.  He also will wander far and wide in search of a mate. The stray cat population in the world is out of control. 

Cats can hide in very very small places.  I would start by looking under couches, chairs, and behind all large furniture.

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats can hide in very very small places. I would start by looking under couches, chairs, and behind all large furniture.
Then what can I do if he is found? I ask cuz he is not tame. Should I let him go outside? He will come back anyway for food like he does
for 3 weeks. Your reply is informative..interesting....thank.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then what can I do if he is found? I ask cuz he is not tame. Should I let him go outside? He will come back anyway for food like he does

Your piece of informations or three weeks is interesting.
You should not let him outside if he is not neutered. Is that something you can arrange for him?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting stat. Why?
Because of what is mentioned above. He is full of testosterone, which makes him aggressive and territorial. He will be much happier and calmer when neutered. Are you opposed to the procedure?

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's clear now that he should not go outside cuz not neutered.
How can I arrange for him? Take him to vet again for neuter surgery. What would happen if I ignore this arrangement? The surgery adds up to my bill 170.00 today for vaccination.
Is it worth?

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see. If he's happier and more comfortable, I would not oppose to it.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's clear now that he should not go outside cuz not neutered.
How can I arrange for him? Take him to vet again for neuter surgery. What would happen if I ignore this arrangement? The surgery adds up to my bill 170.00 today for vaccination.
Is it worth?
Oh dear dear.  What did you have done for $170?  That is a lot. 

I usually use low cost spay/neuter clinics.  For males the price is $50 and this includes a rabies shot.  Did you have him tested for FIV or FELK?  This would be to protect your other cats who will interact with him.

You might do an internet search for low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area. 

Thank you so much for doing the best for him.

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Preventive health screening. Quantity 1. 65.00 dollars
Convenia-antibiotic injection. Quantity 15. 62.72 dollars
Thank you Quantity 0. 0.00 dollars
Rabies vaccine. Quantity. 1. 34.00 dollars

Total is 161.72 dollars not 170.00 as stated earlier.

Reminder
10/3/2016. Spay/neuter reminder call
08/03/2017. Rabies feline vaccine

Westfield wellness vet group
Westfield,nj

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I blocked kitchen attached stairway to basement assuming Tom cat is lurking there. So there is no interaction between Tom and my two domestic cats. My two cats Male and female are in living room now. I will try to keep them outside for the time being. Keep them separated.

Hope my guess is correct about Tom being in basement. Hope not he is somewhere on first floor. I thought injection he had this morning has no affect on my two cats.

strayalan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Additional comment: my two cats had fiv and felk shots some months ago.