Trappin mommy and babies tonight (hopefully)

teebos69

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
congratulations on your success,are you keeping all of them.i felt the same way you did,while trying to catch them.....i wish you luck with them all.i would love to find the females homes together but it will probably be impossible.it is so hard to place cats.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent news! I have been watching this thread now waiting to hear and I am glad that you now have all babies! So lovely that they are all re-united now

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy you got them! I'm going through the same thing. I have one female I have tried so hard to get and she had her babies on Mothers Day. We are waiting till they are old enough and then trying again to get the Mom and get the babies too to adopt them out. They are 3 weeks old right now and when I go to feed them the mom runs out to meet me and then hisses at me as if to tell me to leave her babies alone and then eats. The only thing is she is pretty wild and wont let me touch her and avoids the trap very well. I'm gonna look into making a drop trap too for mine. I'm really happy for you, I know I will not worry so much when I get this last female spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, this is a much better day for me, I finally feel like I accomplished something
I said before you don't always think about the ones you got it's that one you didn't, and now I don't have to say that anymore
I am so glad I didn't give up..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so pleased to read this - you really can sleep easy now! The momcat too must be so happy to have all her babies in a safe place. A great achievement and only goes to show that one must never give up, as you said.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! You should be very proud of yourself. Those kitties have certainly benefited from having such a caring person in their lives.

Congratulations. (=

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear it all went well, what a lot of work!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok help again, I just called the vet to take the mommy cat to have her spayed, I do beleive she may be pregrant again, they told me to take her now babies away, the milk has to be dried up before hand, Oh gosh I didn't even think about that. I am running out of space to keep everyone seperated here. They gave me June 6 to bring her SHI* what if she has them between now and then, I will be in a huge no huger mess, I was hoping to catch her and get her faster then this, oh my she doesn't need more babies...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she isn't already pretty big then she will not have kittens before June 6th - it is only 8 days away. Good luck!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jenny, she's such a small little girl anyway, but on her sides it feels pretty lumpy and tight, it seemed before she hd this litter that I just got she was pouching more on the sides and lower, I hope I get her there in time, I felt bad removing her from the litter, but she actually seems pretty content.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I be giving the babies something extra bings that I have taken the mommy cat away? I am feeding them kitten chow and a little canned food, they seem to be doing ok, Mommy must have been ready for this because she has not 1 time gone to the bedroom door where they are, she's very relaxed and is even letting my hubby pet her.
And the babies are doing a really good job using those litter boxes, Its pretty amazing to see how smart they are...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
June 8th isn't that far away...hang in there Lois! You're absolutely right, the very last thing she needs is another litter! If she's that content, and the babies are doing well, you should have no worries about keeping them separated.

PS You know that when you want to post pictures (when you get a chance to breathe, and you want to show off your beautiful babies that you've worked so hard to rescue), I'm, as always, more than happy to do that for you!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kelly very much, They are so cute and they seem content also, My hubby and I are ably to pet at least 3 out of the 5, the only thing Mom doesn't like is my Basset
and of course Zoie doesn't seem to understand that because she Loves the cats she thinks they all belong to her
And Dunkin does not like her at all, I guess it's because he's a big ORANGE baby and I mean big
I'll let you know when I get some pics worth showing

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today has been strange the mommy cat won't let me out of her site, I think she actually wanted to come to the Ritz Hotel
At least that's what everyone tells me the Cats think
She seems very settled I guess you could say, The babies are all coming around very nicely and letting us pet them, playing with there tons of mouses and balls and eating like pigger kitties
They are so sweet
, I am hoping they will be easy to find homes for them because they were without that human contact like so many, and there not scared to death
I feel really good when I open that door and see them playing or eating or sleeping knowing they are safe.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's great that momma's so friendly! Once the babies get used to you, and they see their momma with you, they'll come around, I would think.

I'm so glad it's going so well!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will have some pictures of these sweeties in a day or so, can't wait for evertyone to see how sweet they are...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sound so happy now - it must make a huge difference knowing you have got them! And the cats all seem happy too - I guess the mommy is congratulating herself on doing such a great job of bringing up her kittens! Looking forward to pix!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have now had mommy and babies almost 6 days
they are seperated so I can take mom to the vet on the 8th of june, but what shocks me is how well they have all adapted, mommy's purring the baby blk and white is purring and there all pretty darn friendly, I can pick up the blk and white and the one grey and even the other ones are not that scared anymore of course I am not to sure but hoping it's because they feel alright where they are, and hope there purring because there happy

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm posting these for halfpint (Lois). These are some pictures of the kitties she rescued:

This is one from the first group:

This is a picture of Dunkin from the first group:

These are pics of the new mom & babies!

Enjoy!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kellie
I still have 2 rolls to get developed, there are 3 other babies, The first pic is miniman I kept him from the first group, does he have a set of eyes or what lol