Tranquilize/Euthanize - I'll pick Tranquilize

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ms cat love

Just think how i feel? Ive been trying to catch a female cat for almost 4 years and 6 litters later... I think at this time, having my brother come over and staking her out with a 22 shotgun would be my best bet... If you all think i have lost my mind? I have with 15 cats to feed and 2 more to fix asap... I dont see her fat again yet... Maybe bacause i have taken all the other stray cats around here to the shelter and cleaned up what my ignorant neighbors didnt... God help me?
I'm so sorry, you must be so frustrated to say you feel that way.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise

Just think how i feel? Ive been trying to catch a female cat for almost 4 years and 6 litters later... I think at this time, having my brother come over and staking her out with a 22 shotgun would be my best bet... If you all think i have lost my mind? I have with 15 cats to feed and 2 more to fix asap... I dont see her fat again yet... Maybe bacause i have taken all the other stray cats around here to the shelter and cleaned up what my ignorant neighbors didnt... God help me?
Of course - that was just a desperation comment, only - I truly hope!!

I hope you're getting the males, too.
I hope you've found a no-kill shelter.

One Clinic person in my area made a statement to me that really helps when I begin to get to feel overwhelmed ... it went something like this ...

"Unfortunatly, getting animals spayed or neutered is like the war on drugs...it will never be won.
All we can do is the best we can now!"

Bless you for being in the war!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your responses and words of encouragement, and to GloriaJH and Ondine for all the information you've given me. With the tips on trapping from Eilcon and the info after trapping from GloriaJH and Ondine, I should be able to help this little girl. Thank you so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I love this site and how everyone helps everyone else.

One thing to think about, whichever way you decide about the spay, the cat doesn't attach human feelings to her (possible) pregnancy. It will not matter to her one way or the other really, except she won't be in heat anymore and we all know what a pain that is!
So it's up to how you feel, but go with YOUR feelings, not what the cat might feel.

I really hope you get her...I've been following this story and it must be so frustrating!
Thanks for your encouragement, and yes it is a great site, if for no other reason then the support you get and the feeling that you are not alone in your troubles.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel your frustration.

My admiration for those of you who rescue and work with feral colonies knows know bounds.

You people are my heroes. I don't think I would be up to the tasks you blessed people face, and am glad, aside from the occasional rescue from the big bad world that has become one of mine, (currently Tolly and Jennie, Mazy came from a shelter) I am not faced with this problem.

My mother is, she rescues and has rescued hundreds of cats and TNR hundreds more, so saving countless others from being born.

You all have my highest admiration and respect, not to mention gratitude.