Tramadol side effects?

kjmk31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tramadol made my cat extremely constipated. So much so I had to rush to the drug store and get the pedia glycerin enimas. My cat has diabetes so don't forget that other conditions could make side effects appear. Also cutting a "time released" pill is just as bad as crushing it. I would hope all vets know that and don't ask you to cut our break it. Ask for one that isn't time released.

cindycrna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tramadol made my cat extremely constipated. So much so I had to rush to the drug store and get the pedia glycerin enimas. My cat has diabetes so don't forget that other conditions could make side effects appear. Also cutting a "time released" pill is just as bad as crushing it. I would hope all vets know that and don't ask you to cut our break it. Ask for one that isn't time released.
We did not continue the Tramadol for Pooter and I can't remember why. I think it left her too drowsy or constipated despite Miralax. We changed over to 1/10th of a cc butorphenol by mouth. No side effcts and she seems better. She is 20 years and 5 months old......