Trading Spouces: Meet your new Mommy

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

She has no compassion for anyone.
And that includes her own daughter!

The dad is just as bad. Can you believe him telling her to toughen it out when she's been injured? She even said she broke a collar bone and dad said keep playing.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

And that includes her own daughter!

Can you believe the dad telling her to toughen it out when she's been injured? She even said she broke a collar bone and dad said keep playing.
And when he hit her with the ball on her injured ankle he said, "walk it off" while she was crying HYSTERICALLY. At first I wondered why the two girls were yelling at their dad so much, but I would too if he acted like that to me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I wonder what Julie made the family use the money for.. it didn't look pretty..
My guess would be counseling or something to "make them straight" or something stupid like that. That Julie lady and her hubby are so insensitive. I just don't understand how people can be sooo heartless and lack compassion. Colin and I were sitting on the couch (haha i have him hooked on that show!) just with our jaws wide open watching the whole thing. It's sad. I do hope however that the mom's (the lesbians) can teach the other people that it's ok to be compassionate and to care...Guess we have to wait till next week to see!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched this show for the first time last night. Wow. Julie was evil. I couldn't help as I was watching the show wonder if she really felt that way about everything or if she just gets her kicks out of being mean to people and pushing them to the point that they cry. I mean, she actually looked HAPPY when she got poor Pepper so upset in the kitchen talking about her mentally challenged sister. Some people...

And if she hated Mexicans so much, why was the family eating at a Mexican restaurant?
This is one of the things that made me think maybe she just ENJOYS being mean and angry. Why put yourself into these situations when you know what the outcome is going to be. Pardon me for being so blunt, but I think she gets off on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crap! I missed this last night- we rented Saw 3 and had movie night, and totally forgot about it! I'll have to read the last few pages to see how it was!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the mean mother has something seriously, psychologically wrong with her. I wonder if she's been evaluated for some mental disorders. Her flat affect, inappropriate laughing, etc... all point to some larger problem. I hope she finds the help she needs, but I bet this show will only make her condition worse.

I guess the next show will reveal more. I hope she can find a way to learn something from the experience. Even the most ridiculous people usually take something away from it. If she doesn't, I think that's a clue that she needs professional help. I can't believe there are such narrow-minded people in the world. Being ignorant of another's way of life is one thing, but the inability to at least show some sort of understanding (even if she disagrees) is way off to me. She doesn't even claim to be that way for religious reasons... she's just that way because she is hateful!
Hopefully, she has some reason for being that way, such as a psychological disorder... but if not, I am scared for her children. I am scared for her children either way, actually. Such a sad situation.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started watching the show, but I could not bring myself to finish it. That woman and her husband brought ME to tears

If people just stood back and put aside that one family is staight and one was gay and compaired the families, well I know which one I'd rather be in.

That woman is a sick person and so is her husband...I'm praying for their children and it is clear to me that they are adversly affected by their parents, which I hope as adults they will over come the handicap that their parents are.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The conclusion is tonight and should be pretty interesting.
I have my Tivo set to record it. I'm pretty excited to see how everything goes down.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I'm pretty excited to see how everything goes down.
Me too. Two hours to go... I'm dying to know what Julie had Pepper and her family use the money for.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I watched the conclusion tonight...wow...
I was definitely surprised to find out what they used the money for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again, I totally missed it. Friday night has turned into mine & John's movie night, so I never get to see it anymore!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Julie is going to try and curb her mouth.

I kept wondering how it would have been if Julie had been with Abasi!