Total Novice Falling For Stray Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

completecatnovice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Trudy and Vyger for the additional comments/advice!

Things took a little turn last night so I'm dubious about the indoor cat idea now. I'm not ruling it out, but I need to be cautious. PK flipped out and attacked my leg last night for no reason that i'm aware of. I mean, I'm sure there was a reason, but I don't know what it was. It was breezy, so perhaps my pants leg touched her and she thought she was being attacked. Or maybe a bug bit her and she thought it was me. Or maybe she's crazy, who knows? But it made me realize it wouldn't be responsible for me to leave my dog alone with her unattended in a house because she could really do some damage if she wanted to.
So that was a bit of a reality check...!

Also Bobblehead was back with a vengance again last night. Chased him off the porch 5 times. Still couldn't get a good view of his rear end because his tail nub slants down and blocks my view, but I'm really starting to get suspicious. Except for the fact that PK still acts like she wants nothing to do with him, his relentlessness would suggest maybe they're BOTH not fixed and she's in heat. It is frustrating not knowing what is going on or what to do. I looked up TNR programs in the area and apparently there's a 3 month wait list! Still no luck knocking on the neighbor's door either.

Might break down and take her to a regular vet if thing don't settle down soon. Certainly don't want a pregnant KP. :(

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please don’t give up on this. I’ve been through the grabbing legs, biting, etc with three different cats. Two were “cured” by neuter/spay ,a time for the hormones left to run out and love. The other was a sweet guy but we were moving a lot with my government job. 190 days in a motel which we had to vacate every other weekend...his little life was too much trauma! I’m firmly convinced you are dealing with two obstacles 1) hormones and 2) the need for attention.

Regarding the vet. Call some of the rescues and see if anybody gives out vouchers for spay neuter.

Please

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry that happened! Yeah, I had some cuts from my two former ferals too. They just didn't have a mama to teach them not to fear humans. I just take mine to a regular vet, I called around to see who accepted ferals and only 2 said yes. I picked the one with "Clinic" in the name because it was cheaper. $65 for Neuter, $145 for Spay. $16 for Rabies Vaccine, and $16 for FVRCP Distemper Vaccine. So not too bad. I hope you can help Bobblehead too, he sounds so cute and feisty, a lot like my Demi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

completecatnovice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Trudy1 and Maggiedemi!

I won't give up on them! Have made contact with a local group who say they will help point me in the right direction.

Bobblehead is still a jerk (stole PK's box and forced her out into the rain yesterday) but I'll get him help too.

And I still adore PK. She didn't really injure me, I just shudder to think the damage she could do if her claws made contact with my dog's eyes. I'd never forgive myself! Thankfully she is still too scared to go near him. For now she is still just Porch Kitty.

Next step- lure her into the backyard and turn the garage into a kitty condo!