TommyBoy, my God what happened to you??

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think putting up a shelf with his ashes and picture is a wonderful idea.
Even if one of the other cats takes over that spot sometime down the line, it'll always be "Tommy's Spot" in your heart and I don't blame you for wanting to remember it that way

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I was thinking of putting up a little shelf, with Tommy's picture and his ashes, above the area where he loved to sleep. I know our other cats will eventually take up this area, but I will never forget that area as being Tommy's. RIP big boy
That sounds like a great idea

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
John,

I'm sorry I am just finding your post so late. My heart goes out to you.
How horrible it must have been to have him pass on the way there. I don't know what to say.
It's very nice that you've placed his ashes in his favorite spot. Sending lots of comforting vibes to you and your wife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The part that really bothers me too, is hearing him meow one last time, before he passed on. I know I had to take him to the emergency vet, but I just hope he wasn't so frightened that he died that way. The meow wasn't like a cry in pain or out of fear, it was his normal soft voice. Maybe he was saying good bye? It saddens me that he was here with us for such a short time, but maybe he was needed at the bridge to help others cross with his gentle ways. He was a big boy for a domestic cat, at about 20 pounds, but he was such a gentle boy, who always loved all the other cats in our family

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I feel 100% certain that Tommy meowed to tell you goodbye.
I know I can say this here and nobody will think I'm crazy...I firmly believe that animals are sometimes far wiser than humans.
Especially cats...I mean you look into their eyes and all the wisdom of the world seems to be there...you know what I mean?

So I beleive he knew it was his time and that he wasn't going to make it to the Vet and he just wanted to tell you one more time how much he loved you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

The meow wasn't like a cry in pain or out of fear, it was his normal soft voice. Maybe he was saying good bye?
i think that was what he was doing...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We usually took our cats to this special place to have them buried. However, Tommy never did like to go outside, for some reason, he just hated it. So, we decided to have him cremated. Today, I picked up his ashes. I sat in the vets parking lot holding them and couldn't believe our big boy is now in this little tin urn.
I'll never forget looking at Smokey's ashes and thinking. 17 years and this is all I have left. It took everything I could do to get home without totally losing it.

The part that really bothers me too, is hearing him meow one last time, before he passed on. I know I had to take him to the emergency vet, but I just hope he wasn't so frightened that he died that way. The meow wasn't like a cry in pain or out of fear, it was his normal soft voice. Maybe he was saying good bye? It saddens me that he was here with us for such a short time, but maybe he was needed at the bridge to help others cross with his gentle ways. He was a big boy for a domestic cat, at about 20 pounds, but he was such a gentle boy, who always loved all the other cats in our family
I think was was saying good bye. They have a simpler understanding of death and they do not know to be afraid. He just wanted to say he loved you in the way he knew how.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this!

It is extremely hard when our furbabies leave us so suddenly, with any warning.
What happened with your Tommy Boy sounds very similar to what happened with my Chuckie who was a big boy as well.

RIP Tommy Boy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, i'm a little late to this thread, but i just wanted to express my condolences

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

John, i'm a little late to this thread, but i just wanted to express my condolences
It's never to late
Tommy will always be in our hearts. To have him taken from us so fast and so soon just seems so unfair

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Did you ever find out what happened?
Unfortunately, no
When we spoke with our vet, by what I told them, they felt he must have had some sort of heart condition. I feel terrible, that it seems like the ride in the car literally scared him to death. But I couldn't have just left him at home, without taking him to the vet to see what was wrong. He was sick and needed help, but I just feel so sad, that he died while he was on his way to the vet. I just hope he understood that I was trying to help him. That corner of the room looks so empty and sad. None of the other cats will use the igloo that Tommy used. I look at it every day and see that empty igloo with the blanket that Tommy loved and hope that I would see him there. I hope you are playing happily over the bridge my big boy. We sure miss you here

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just hope he understood that I was trying to help him.
Oh John, of course he knew that.
The only thing he'd ever know from you or your Wife was love and he KNEW that you both loved him very much and that you were only trying to help him.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Oh John, of course he knew that.
The only thing he'd ever know from you or your Wife was love and he KNEW that you both loved him very much and that you were only trying to help him.
Yes, he sure was loved

catsare4life

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww I'm really sorry, my cat, Murphy had to be put to sleep after some one beat her up, starved her, poisoned her and pulled out her claws. I know how you feel.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catsare4life

Aww I'm really sorry, my cat, Murphy had to be put to sleep after some one beat her up, starved her, poisoned her and pulled out her claws. I know how you feel.
God lord, what is wrong with people??

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John I didn't read this whole thread, but came to the end to add my condolences for the loss of your beautiful big boy. I'm sending good vibes and hope they help you and your family .