Todays radio question: 03/07/05

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Todays question was:

The average household has over $8000 in credit card debt. Do you have any credit card debt?

(answer only if you wish) (I think it's kind of personal)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you guys! That is my dream, to be credit card debt free. I am sad to say we do.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I have credit card dept. But I do have a ton of student loans. As of now I'm $40,000 in the whole. Lets hope I get into grad school and get Grad assistant position or something!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No because im not risking buying a credit card...
But i am in debt of 150 euros because my bank grrr made a mistake and they wont fix it!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6 credit cards. 3 carry NO balance; the other 3 carry a balance.

I'm under the $8,000, even after charging $1,000 at the Vet Saturday to save Snickers lovely LIFE! Lots of my debt is due to my house (fixer upper hand-me-down), so I'd say half of it has gone into Home Improvement. Years from now when I sell the place and move away, I'll make my money back.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
No. I maintain a certain credit balance on my card, so that the credit card company has to pay me interest, and not vice-versa.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I use them, I pay them off at the end of the month. I have no interest in paying interest!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 credit cards and I only owe on my Victoria Secret one
But that will be taken care of today

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No debt.. I have a bunch of credit cards but pay them off as they are used, they are for convenience only. I hope the only debt I ever have is for a mortgage but we'll see what life throws me..

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I owed that much. We have a bit - about $1,500 between 2 cards (his and hers).

I had cards for department stores with a zero balance, but when we went to renegotiate our mortgage I found out that even if you owe nothing, whatever the limit on that card is is considered debt to the bank or loaning institution since you could go out tomorrow and run the card up to the max. In other words, I had a Bay card, Sears, Eatons each with a $2,000 limit so the bank considered me to have $6,000 debt even though the balance on each was zero.

I cancelled and cut up every card and now only have one Visa and my husband has his own Visa - and ONLY for emergencies. That's it! And our mortgage is paid up in 10 months! Yay!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Todays question was:

The average household has over $8000 in credit card debt. Do you have any credit card debt?

(answer only if you wish) (I think it's kind of personal)
I had to read that number twice. So, the average is $8000? That's a lot!
I don't have any debt.

duby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that I don't!

But my brother-in-law and his wife are about 3 times more than the average.

Please, please use those cards wisely!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsd

If I use them, I pay them off at the end of the month. I have no interest in paying interest!
Same here! In fact both of my credit cards each shall be paid off tomorrow!

I hate credits cards though, in college I did have a bit of debt and the reason why my savings account is so depleted is because I decided to just pay it all off. Since then, I only use them if necessary and make sure I pay them all off before any interest can be accrued.