Todays radio question: 03/07/05

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsd

If I use them, I pay them off at the end of the month. I have no interest in paying interest!
Yup, me too.

My bf actually goes online and transfers money from his bank account to his credit card account as soon as he charges something so he doesn't even owe at the end of the month. I think that's a little compulsive obsessive frankly, but if it keeps him out of debt, so be it.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was one of those gullible ones in college that signed up for a couple of credit cards b/c of the freebies (tshirts, cups) that they were giving away. Then I started spending with those cards and racked up a debt (though thankfully it was a bit under the national average). About a year and a half ago, I went to a credit counselor and now make only one payment a month to the credit counseling agencies. My cards will all be paid off in 2 years and the only debt I'll have (which is still a biggie) is my student loan.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't until I got married, and I'm sad to say that it's going to be a long walk uphill to get it all cleared away. However, The majority of it we paid off with a really low interest loan, and now we're pretty much clear on the cards except from our honeymoon (2000) and from Jason's TV stuff (Which, we sold our old TV to his bro for the cost of the new one, so that's actually Charlie's debt in a round about way) Also whatever we have left from our tax returns after we move, and what deposits we get back from our current place- are all going to paying off cards (so we can cancel all but 1)