Today I Lost My Bud Dante

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a really GOOD lookin' cat! As is Joey!
Thank you! Those pics of Dante really triggered my heart :rbheart: In my experience, the tabbytuxes are really impressive. I know that they say coloring doesn't affect personality but the tabbytuxes that I have encountered seem to have that friendly, yet wisely diligent personality that I love -even the ones that I've just met.
...... oh, Dante, you were that one in a million! so very loved, across the chasms :rbheart: I am reminded of the lyrics from Simon & Garfunkel's short, bittersweet song "Bookends" that say:
"Long ago, it must be
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you"..:frown: :lol2: :confused2: :sniffle: :sigh: :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it finally didn’t hurt enough, that I could put a picture of Dante on my cell’s locked screen. Dante has the locked screen, Jackie has the home screen. I need to work on creating a collage or try to paint.

I still miss my bud deeply and at least once a week tell Jackie I miss his Uncle. I have taken to calling Jackie Little Dude because he isn’t a baby anymore. I just can’t bring myself to call Jackie bud .... that term of endearment might forever belong to Dante.

For those of you reading this who have recently lost their beloved cat, grief lessons with time. Hang in there.
:vibes::grouphug:

The pic. On my phone, centered on my boy’s sweet face and gorgeous eyes:
50F62A34-3EE5-458C-8868-436B714543B2.jpeg